Not Mine, listed locally: 85 Chevy Custom Deluxe 4wd w/ 40k originally miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208
Hey guys,
The truck is listed on a local mountain mountain bike forum. The truck is located on the Charlotte, NC area. The specs are below along with a link to the original post.
Jake

The original post link
http://www.tarheeltrailblazers.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1357241284

Link to pics
http://mynetimages.com/album/Erik/1985_Chevy_Pickup/

I have debated selling my truck for months. It's finally for sale. This truck is very reliable and starts every time. The 4WD works flawlessly. It just passed NC inspection last month. Everything works and it's bone stock.

I bought it from a friend of the family and I remember when he drove it home. I helped him install a cap on the back. It had one repaint by the original owner in the original color. I doubt that it needed it but he felt that it did. There is one patch of surface rust the size of a quarter on top of the bed rail from the cap rubbing. I touched these up but somehow didn't get this one. I have some paint if you want to touch it up.

There is a CB installed with an antenna that's currently tucked away under the seat. It works but I never used it. There is a digital radio that was installed in '85 with no iPod jack. However, I have an adaptor that lets you run an iPod and that comes with the truck.

- full size bed with tonneau cover
- 40k miles (I can prove this with records)
- 305 engine and 700R4
- maintained by me with routine oil changes
- power sterring and brakes but no AC
- that isn't rust on the running boards and back bumper. It's undercoating that will drip when it gets really warm. I clean it off once or twice a year.

Since I have owned it:

- NEW tires with 2000 miles on them - they look new
- New gas tank
- replaced all brake lines but one (crossover in front)
- new u-joint
- new windshield washer motor
- New front wheel bearing

I'm sure that I'm forgetting some things. The truck isn't perfect but it is in really, really nice shape and I get compliments on it routinely. I intend to put it up for sale as soon as it gets warm enough for a bath but thought that I would post it here first. Many of you have probably seen it at the trail head. My 29er's fit under the tonneau without a problem.

The pics were taken months ago when I was SURE that I was finally going to sell it. Honestly, I will miss it but I have too many vehicles and want the driveway clear and everything inside. So, I will be gettting a lift so I can store 3 vehicles in my 2 car garage.

Please call me if you have an interest. It's the best way to reach me. I will be glad to show you what I have done to maintain it. I take care of my motorized stuff and this one should be a great reliable vehicle for the new owner.

7 zero 4 677 956 zero

Odometer is currently 40,080 miles.

$ 5200

Contact is Erik

Last edited:

Jake_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208
The owner of the truck has dropped the price to $4500. His contact info is in the original post.

Jake

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
good lookin truck and 4500 isn't a horrible price :)

Jake_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208
If I had the spare funds (and a need for another square) I would have bought it

Jake