NON WORKING A/C...NO VACUUM FOR DEFROST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
350/Th400, 4.56 with 35" BFG MT
So, my K10 once had working air conditioning. I assume. I mean, I don't think the dealership would have sold it without working. Anyways, all the A/C parts and participles under the hood have been long since gutted out. So now that I am the new proud owner of this survivor, I have uncontrolled heat.

I do not plan on putting air back in the truck. However, I do plan to keep the A/C controls so that I can at least have vent blowing out the front of the dash. But no vacuum canister to operate the air vent actuators in the kick panels to control the direction of the air.

Does anyone know of a work around to add vacuum back to the kick panel doors so that I can control the air flow to floor, dash, or defrost?

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
350/Th400, 4.56 with 35" BFG MT
After reading hours and hours last night, I think I fully understand this system. My hats off to some of the members for their well written posts along with photos to assist in my understanding.

I have the vacuum line running through the fire wall and that's it. I'm going to have to run new lines to each of the actuators as well as install a vacuum canister and valve.

May be a good time to get creative and make my own vacuum canister. I know I could buy a brand new one for $12, but what fun is in that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg