Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Doesn't look terrible. I would be curious as to why they went with one ton springs and quad shocks on the front. That's going to be a rough ride. Appears to have auto hubs on the front, I'm unsure of wether these were available on a 3/4 ton or not. I can only recall ever seeing them on 1/2 ton trucks. The rest sounds like standard maintenance/ upgrades for a diesel truck, but I would question if they were chasing some issue if it was done all at once. Can't get a good look at what rear axle is under it, the semi float 14 bolt isn't a terrible axle, but if you're going to be hauling any thing regularly, I'd recommend the full float axle. Also, they don't mention which transmission it has. I'd feel better about the price if it were a true 1 ton, but depending on the condition of the body, it may be fair. It's worth taking a closer look at in any event, but if you get the feeling that it's been pieced together with whatever chevy parts they could find that fit, I'd pass.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Ditto. I think it warrants a close up inspection rather than ignore it.

Rooster336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hans
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Well, after I had gotten frustrated with dealing with craigslist and all but stopped looking a square fell into my lap. Ran into a gentleman who was giving up on a project but had already had the engine (350) and transmission (th350) rebuilt with receipts to prove it. Now the negatives, bed sags to the drivers side but frame is straight, brakes are wayyyyy soft, fuel gauge and speedo don't work, tailgate mounts are rusted, cheap lift installed that needs to be replaced. But for a solid motor and transmission on the cheap I'm pumped to get this project going. 1979 K10 Silverado.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell