Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rooster336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hans
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Good morning,

After months of deliberation and research on a farm truck/feed store hauler/occasional off roader I've decided on a K30. I'm here to try and learn from everyone and search the forums for answers to problems I am sure to encounter. I am still in the market to try and find the best running/driving k30 in my area (Triad, NC) to start with so I am all ears if anyone knows of a quality candidate.

All the best.

B.K. Cunningham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
25 Hundred
Engine Size
that looks like a well kept rig, its got rear disc breaks already which is awesome. The 4speed is not the greatest for highway because of its lack of overdrive but I like mine just fine. Id say your guy is correct or at least not far off.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Maybe it's worth 4K since it's a one ton, but I don't think I'd pay that much myself for that particular truck. His asking price I'd only pay for an unmolested truck in really decent shape. You'd have to look at it closer, especially wiring, exhaust, and the motor, to see if it's been hacked up. I'd say $3500. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Maybe it's worth 4K since it's a one ton, but I don't think I'd pay that much myself for that particular truck. His asking price I'd only pay for an unmolested truck in really decent shape. You'd have to look at it closer, especially wiring, exhaust, and the motor, to see if it's been hacked up. I'd say $3500. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

X2

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Welcome. I spent more on that for my K30, but it was an unmolested fully optioned big block California truck that's been off the road since 1998.

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
That is a $3500-4000 truck with some expensive parts. The seller is probably basing his price on the value of the individual parts, axles, transfer case, etc.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
It obviously needs a LOT of cleanup. No way would I offer this guy more than 3K, and that depends on the mileage and what the previous members said check.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Eek 5700 and does the interior have rust holes too? Or is that excellent but with flaws too?

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
You can never tell what it’s worth from those three pictures alone. Unfortunately, if it needs a carb and it’s running poorly, you might not be able to fully test it out.

I drove mine around for an hour before I made an offer. Went on the freeway to heat it up, jumped of into some stop and go, engaged all the drive train components forwards, reverse, etc.

Mine has pretty much the same type of running gear but ran ran fairly well(didn’t need anything) for under $4k as it is now. Maybe I did better than I thought.

Edit: Mine doesn’t have a lift or anything, so that may add value to the truck for you if it’s what you’re looking for.

FWIW, I have lifestock animals. Throwing 110#bales of hay and full 250# barrels of horsefeed into a lifted truck or towing a horse trailer are all tasks made more difficult in a lifted vehicle.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
You can never tell what it’s worth from those three pictures alone. Unfortunately, if it needs a carb and it’s running poorly, you might not be able to fully test it out.

I drove mine around for an hour before I made an offer. Went on the freeway to heat it up, jumped of into some stop and go, engaged all the drive train components forwards, reverse, etc.

Mine has pretty much the same type of running gear but ran ran fairly well(didn’t need anything) for under $4k as it is now. Maybe I did better than I thought.

Edit: Mine doesn’t have a lift or anything, so that may add value to the truck for you if it’s what you’re looking for.

FWIW, I have lifestock animals. Throwing 110#bales of hay and full 250# barrels of horsefeed into a lifted truck or towing a horse trailer are all tasks made more difficult in a lifted vehicle.

Excellent point. Something with a lift, in my opinion, has diminishing value in a farm setting the bigger the lift gets. I think a good compromise would be a two inch lift if you wanted to do light offroading but still have a get in it and go farm truck.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

Rooster336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hans
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks for all the feedback. Unfortunately this one is a no go. Spoke with the seller who is not willing to move on price so this one is a lost cause. I will be posting more candidates as i find them within 100 miles for y'alls critique.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome

WFO

Full Access Member