New to me 1985 c10 no spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamD87

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hey. Im new here but plan on sticking around. Since I just bought a broken c10 that does not start. The truck I dubbed the Bondo Rocket. Is a 1985 c10 short bed reg cab. The truck has a 305 with a hei super coil and a whole lot of hackery under the hood.

A little about me sincr I am new. I have wrenched on cars since I was old enough to drive and even worked at a chevy dealer for a year doing brakes and oil changes and some front end work but the old stuff eludes me. I have never had much chance to work on it. So I bought a broken truck [emoji23]

I guess Ill get to the point. My truck has been hacked up wires unplugged or ripped free etc... I need some info that I hope the folks here can help with.
I have no spark. I have power from the ignition I have ground on the distributor but no spark. If anybody is familiar with this Accel supercoil that would be great and please chime in. The connector on my Distributor looks like it needs another plug. There is a 3 wire plug that connects to it and a single red wire which I have power at next to where that red wire plugs in it looks like there should be another plug for the yellow wire on the coil. Does anybody know?. There is a good ground on that little tab also. Right now I assume that the coil is bad. But I dont like assumptions when it means spending money.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

AdamD87

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Latest posts