New to me 05 gmc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
sorry just catching up. So there's an issue with the 799 heads like the 706 heads? Asking for clear future reference is all. I'll research a bit. sorry if a bit hijack on the thread, thought it would be pertinent and helpful down the road.

[edit] guess there is an issue with the 799, not as common though. Anyone know if there is a stamp to look for like the 706's?

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
sorry just catching up. So there's an issue with the 799 heads like the 706 heads? Asking for clear future reference is all. I'll research a bit. sorry if a bit hijack on the thread, thought it would be pertinent and helpful down the road.

[edit] guess there is an issue with the 799, not as common though. Anyone know if there is a stamp to look for like the 706's?
That's basically what I found too. I'm assuming there is the stamp on them also based on the tsb on that engine. It says the bad heads have the stamp but dont specify what casting number is on the head so I'm assuming the stamp is there if that makes sense should pull my covers and look I guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDuke