New style center cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The caps in the first post are for steel wheels, while the ones Craig posted are for aluminum wheels. I went and looked at my aluminum wheels, they too have the caps with the thin little bulge around the lugs.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
For some reason my picture won't post.
You must be registered for see images attach

Aha! There it is.

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
I'm looking at another thread on this forum, and the difference is the outer circumference of the cap has a slight bulge around the plastic nut, but I'm not able to decipher which one fits which wheel because the text is vague

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I'll try to clarify my earlier post. In post #17 you will see the correct cap for the oem alloy wheel. The outer edge of the cap has bulges around the black lug caps. Around 2004, I changed the factory chrome clad steel wheels to the oem alloys. I wanted to reuse the center caps from the steel wheels on my alloy wheels. I found they did not fit on the alloy wheels due to the outer circumference of the (steel style) center cap not fitting into the recessed part of the alloy wheel. The alloy wheel is curved at the arrow. The steel wheel has more flat area around the lugs than the alloys. The simulated lugs are in the same location on both caps, just the circumference is different.

There is one more variable I don't know the answer to as I no longer have a truck with these caps. There are 3-4 raised tabs on the back side of the cap (at least on the alloy style) that raise the cap slightly off the wheel. I don't know if the steel style cap has these. I would assume you can use the cap with the bulges around the perimeter on either wheel.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoblind