new seat cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sonders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey guys, wanting to get a seat cover for the bench seat of my 78'. It currently has an ugly saddle cover that's been on it for as long as I can remember. I'd really like to get a neoprene cover for it since I'm usually dirty/sweaty from working when getting in the truck. The actual seat looks good as it's had cover on it since new and would like to keep it that way. Haven't found much of anything online, didn't know if anybody could point me in the right direction of a nice new cover. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old Painless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reid
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
6.0 LQ9
Can't speak for caltrend's neoprene but I just put their tweed cover in my 85. Below is a link to the neoprene one. The tweed cover I got is nice and thick and it fits perfect.

A bit on the pricey side, but I found a mint rear seat out of a suburban that I just couldn't leave naked. Doesn't have the pockets though, which I miss.

If you're worried about matching interior colors be cautious.. I have a red interior and this cover is RED.. like, obnoxiously bold red. Hoping it loses a bit of color with time or a wash maybe.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/cld-neosupreme

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Can't speak for caltrend's neoprene but I just put their tweed cover in my 85. Below is a link to the neoprene one. The tweed cover I got is nice and thick and it fits perfect.

A bit on the pricey side, but I found a mint rear seat out of a suburban that I just couldn't leave naked. Doesn't have the pockets though, which I miss.

If you're worried about matching interior colors be cautious.. I have a red interior and this cover is RED.. like, obnoxiously bold red. Hoping it loses a bit of color with time or a wash maybe.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/cld-neosupreme

Nice link!!! As I look to redo the interior of my burb I've always had leather in my head but this link may change my mind on that and the fact I can get covers for all three rows!! I wonder how the neoprene holds up :hmm: Do you have any pics of the tweed covers installed in yours?

Old Painless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reid
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
6.0 LQ9
I loaned out the old boy today but my buddy may be able to send some pics, or later tonight I can put some up.

Full interior is a rabbit hole man, good luck. I got a new dash, carpet, seat, and still have a ways to go with about 750$ into it all. Seat set me back 300$ but it was just too nice to pass on!

Says in that link that the neoprene ones aren't water resistant? Seems like a typo cause any diver would beg to differ on that, unless that compound isn't really neoprene..

Old Painless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reid
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
6.0 LQ9
A little tacky for my blood but I needed to convert this to red interior to match my dads old truck - nostalgia is getting the best of me...

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpg
    IMG_1716.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 150

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Coloring aside the fitment looks decent other than needing tightened up a little on the bottom there to tuck under. My issue is my front seats (at least the driver seat for sure) I think the foam needs replaced as well. I've never done that before. May hit up google and youtube to see how feasible it is to turn this into a 100% DIY job now that you've brought attention to these seat covers. To do all three rows of my burb it looks like it'll be around $600. Expensive but cheaper than having a shop recover them I'm guessing

Old Painless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reid
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
6.0 LQ9
It needs a bit of massaging - there's a bunch of straps in the middle that I should have tightened up last. I just put it in this week so I'm hoping it will settle in.

Foam was the reason I bought a "new" seat. The old one was killing my back. After the new seat went in I literally had to adjust my mirrors - The old seat was that clapped out!

Craigslist for rear seats and just swap the brackets if you can find one. You might be able to find foam but I have no upholstery experience so I just forked out for what the guy was asking.

Either way that'll be an endeavor doing all your seats..

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yeah, figured I'd dive into it when I put in the new carpet and have the seats out anyway. I've got my list of stuff I "need" made out so I know what I need to order. Just gotta go rob a bank to be able to afford it all :lol: I'll obviously have to buy it in pieces til I have everything gathered then do it so we'll see how quickly everything gets gathered up. May do my doors first thing move to the carpet and seats. Luckily my second and third row seats are nearly mint.

Sonders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I've seen that cover Old Painless, just didn't see a color option to go with my truck (blue w/ blue interior) that would work. It does look like it fits fairly well though. Curious to see how it holds up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito