New Regulators, New Motors, And Still Trouble Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schanen51

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 detroit diesel
So I searched high and low for ANY thread that pertains to my issue to no avail... I have power windows, and have been fighting them since day 1. Both driver and passenger sides got new window regulators with new motors. I greased the channels for the nylon rollers. Both doors got new windows switches. I even added relays to help give the motors a little extra "juice". I tested both regulators and motors before installation, and everything worked great. For about a month after install, the windows were at least rolling down and most importantly, back up. Shortly thereafter, they both started falling off the track as I rolled the window down, causing me to have to guide the window up by hand as I rolled them up. NOW, both windows are stuck in the up position. There is some serious binding going on if I try to move the window up and down in its track. If I try to roll them down, I can hear the relays click on, telling me it's getting power. I tried to look for some sort of adjustment for the regulator, but didn't see anything. What's a man gotta do to get a little airflow while driving?! Please help me adjust my windows. I'm about ready to switch to manual windows!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I see Jeeps running around town all the time without doors on them. So what would be wrong with a truck doing the same? :shrug: Take them fukn doors off and problem is solved. :shrug: I'd wear my seat belt though.

Start back at square one and the basics. So it's all new stuff and you're certain it's all installed properly. So what hasn't been changed is the slide on the glass. Have you given those a good inspection? Are they bent or damaged to where the new roller and regulators might not be fitting right.

Next thing I'd make sure of, do I have the right glass? So you're working with an 83 right? The glass from 81 up is thinner than 80 and down glass. Is it possible some has replaced the glass with 80 and down glass and it's to thick for your channels and causing a major strain on your regulators?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
If you take your door panels off what do your nylon rollers and your tracks look like?

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If the scissor assembly is loose/sloppy it will cause the glass to bind. What kind (brand) of motors are they? How exactly did you wire them with the relays?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j250trxr