New guy from sunny AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Power87

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I have a 1987 V10 that the AC components were removed. I would like to collect the OEM part numbers if possible! does anyone have that info? I'm looking for Compressor, Hose's, condenser, evaporator, Orifice tube, drier and to top it off I want to stay with R12. Thanks everyone... And don't forget its a dry heat!

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Here’s something.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-.../hvac-cat/condenser-compressor-and-lines-scat

Jerry, the guy who commented on the same post you commented on earlier, actually has Xeroxes of the parts literature, so his information will be the most genuine. I did Google some of these PNs, and they yielded the right stuff so I’m optimistic there. If you know that you need a radial (R4) compressor, that’s half the battle. I understand why you want to run R12, and if you have a way to access it, that’s a good deal, but otherwise the R134a conversion is easy, and it works well. Delphi and Harrison are gone as far as making compressors goes. I believe it’s Compressor Works in TX that has the monopoly on the tooling and licensing to manufacture R4 compressors so the name on the box won’t matter. Just don’t buy a reman. O’Reilly had a special in June of last year that if you buy your compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube from them, you got a fifty dollar rebate. Their prices were very attractive for all that stuff, too. I regret not getting mine then, but I’m hoping someone else will run a special soon.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish