New from SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
The 909, IE aka valley of the dirt people. Lol

Could you please be imposed upon to enlighten those of us (me) of the geographical position of 'The 909'?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The San Bernadino / Rancho Cucamunga area.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So Cali has so many area codes it's nuts. Their population requires it since they run out of #'s so fast. I remember when I lived in Norwalk it was the 213, then went 310 and by the time I moved to OK it became the 562. 909 was part of the 714 aka known as the Orange County area code, but 909 is more inland or central to the state. Going East into the desert out the 10 Freeway.

2LaneBlackTop

Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Cheyenne Super
Engine Size
All my vehicles have opted out of CA lic requirements on moral grounds. Yeah 714 was the previous code. A buddy of mine just moved out of the 909 to Poteau OK about 4 months ago. Escaping the PRC.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Your buddy went way Eastern OK. Not far from the Ft. Smith, AR border. I have a step bro that lives that way. Some of the country folk "Go to the City" as in OKC City or Tulsa for their big events, buy cars, better medical care etc, where he lives they do go to Ft. Smith for their big events like concerts, night on the town or monthly grocery shopping.

I left Cali in December of 90 at age 24 2 months of being 25 and came to OKC since my mother and brothers lived here for several years after my parents divorced. I tried my ass off in So Cali and wanted to be a homeowner. That wasn't going to happen in So Cali. I couldn't even buy a 700sq ft dump in So Cali. 18 months later at 25.5 years old I bought my first 1450 sq foot modern brick house and been here since for almost 28 years.

2LaneBlackTop

Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Cheyenne Super
Engine Size
Your buddy went way Eastern OK. Not far from the Ft. Smith, AR border. I have a step bro that lives that way. Some of the country folk "Go to the City" as in OKC City or Tulsa for their big events, buy cars, better medical care etc, where he lives they do go to Ft. Smith for their big events like concerts, night on the town or monthly grocery shopping.

I left Cali in December of 90 at age 24 2 months of being 25 and came to OKC since my mother and brothers lived here for several years after my parents divorced. I tried my ass off in So Cali and wanted to be a homeowner. That wasn't going to happen in So Cali. I couldn't even buy a 700sq ft dump in So Cali. 18 months later at 25.5 years old I bought my first 1450 sq foot modern brick house and been here since for almost 28 years.

Yeah CA is handy for some things but it is very anti internal combustion engine, guns, off roaders etc etc. Thankfully my 73 is double smog exempt. It’s an AZ car also which does no testing in the area it is registered. Same w my LBZ DuraMax truck. Yeah house I’m in was bought along w my 1973 truck. Insane prices. If it wasn’t purchased long ago no way could I afford it. My possible plan is sell here and move to AZ, Family there. Or long shot out near my buddy in OK. 1200sq ft in the 909 can go for 400k. Crazy costs on the left coast.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Yeah CA is handy for some things but it is very anti internal combustion engine, guns, off roaders etc etc. Thankfully my 73 is double smog exempt. It’s an AZ car also which does no testing in the area it is registered. Same w my LBZ DuraMax truck. Yeah house I’m in was bought along w my 1973 truck. Insane prices. If it wasn’t purchased long ago no way could I afford it. My possible plan is sell here and move to AZ, Family there. Or long shot out near my buddy in OK. 1200sq ft in the 909 can go for 400k. Crazy costs on the left coast.
Northern California is much friendlier, but still has the voter influence of LA and San Francisco. We got enough signatures to get on the November ballot for splitting off...finally. I would be happier than hell if the State of Jefferson became a reality.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Leaving Cali and moving to OK has made many successful people here. As you say, sell your home for $400,000. You come here buy a brand spankin' new house that's never been farted or fuct in yet for $180,000, and that's a 1900-2300sg ft brick home with 4 bedrooms, formal dining room, 3 car garage. So by the time they paid realtor fees, moving expenses, paying off their Cali house and paying cash for a house here, they still have 100,000 - 150,000 to start up a business and they're set for life so long as they work their business right. Some of them just buy the nicest lawn equipment and work 8-9 months out of the year and sit the winter out. Some have came here and leased a small lot, got a dealers license, went to auction and bought 10-15 cars and started their own car lot doing buy here pay here. The sky is the limit. We have many Cali people here that bailed from the ******** as they say. I wish I wasn't so old now to where I'd be afraid to start over in an unfamiliar place or I'd move to AZ. I know this place to damn well so it's hard for me to leave if I'm going to stay self employed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84