My other project..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yup, back to the hand warmer lol

I got the PS Pump bolted back on today, lines attached, new fuel hose and clamps. I still have a little more to do before I can try and crank it. I need to pick up new belts, coolant, and restab my distributor.
You must be registered for see images attach
Sorry I had to do it....

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Foreshame.......:Nonono:
At least they did put the distributor in the right place. Right up front where you can get to it easily, cuz you'll be working on it alot. The 289 was one of Ferds best even engines as far as reliabity. It was a gutless wonder, but it was dependable.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
At least they did put the distributor in the right place. Right up front where you can get to it easily, cuz you'll be working on it alot. The 289 was one of Ferds best even engines as far as reliabity. It was a gutless wonder, but it was dependable.
I grew up in a furd house. I owned one growing up and I loved it. 67 galaxies original 390 car. And now I'm almost ashamed to admit I own an 01 exploder sport. It was free and has new tires and it's inspected till November. But since I have my inspection license it's never an issue for inspection.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I had my 93 Ford E-350 Retired Ryder Box Van for my Biz with a FI 460. On the Ryder Chassis it was actually an E-450. I had it for 16 years and it ran like a raped ape. 1st thing I did when I got it home from Dallas was remove the 66mph governor. That bitch hauled ass loaded and pulling my 18ft toy trailer. It had no problem way burying the speedo. I replaced 2 batteries, a starter and had to drill holes in the Cat Converter in that 16 years.

Caspian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Burb
Engine Size
350/TH700R4

Yeah, Chevy was the one that put the distributor in that f&^% up place lol... all the way at the back, under the cowl, where you can't even do a cap and rotor change easily lol.

I do love my squares just as much as I love my 73-79 and 80-86 Fords.

Caspian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Burb
Engine Size
350/TH700R4
Didn't realize I hadn't updated this since June lol.

I bought a new 65 series Platinum AGM battery at work, a starter switch that was momentary, and a rotor for the burb, for less than that the battery cost without discount.

Got everything buttoned up and primed the oil pump, then I couldn't figure out just why the hell it wouldn't start from the button, so we discovered it crank over jumping the solenoid, solenoids can still jump but not allow the engine to crank normally if they're bad. Replaced it, no change. Then I moved onto the button, when I parked the truck I had tried to start it again and the damned thing hung up and kept cranking with the key off, usually means bad solenoid or the stupid button the kid used that I got the truck from. Replaced it with a momentary start switch and still nothing! Effectively ruled it was the ignition switch on top of the column, so I bought one for an '83, wrong one, this column is from a late 80's-early 90's F-Series..

Once I got the correct switch, I'll be damned if it didn't start off the key instead of the button or switch. After messing around with the distributor a couple times, re-priming the oil pump, I got it right and fired that loud bitch off! Ran for a minute or so and shut it off. Tried to restart it yesterday and wound up flooding it and when it fired it shot a flame about a foot and a half long out of the driverside header lol. I have to get a throttle cable from a 1984 5.0 4bbl Mustang to get a proper throttle cause mine currently is too long, it's 23" and the Mustang cable is 20".

BTW, I've gone through hell and back trying to figure out how the hell to adapt this Edelbrock to work with a Ford kickdown rod for my C6 when it gets swapped in. Without fabbing anything its god damned near impossible to do it, even with Edelbrock's throttle plate adapter and the adapter for the kickdown. I'm just gonna run the C6 without a kickdown for now, until I get a wild hair and decide I wanna run a Holley. The edelbrock was a steal at $150 basically brand new so I'm not really inclined to off it just yet!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Didn't realize I hadn't updated this since June lol.

I bought a new 65 series Platinum AGM battery at work, a starter switch that was momentary, and a rotor for the burb, for less than that the battery cost without discount.

Got everything buttoned up and primed the oil pump, then I couldn't figure out just why the hell it wouldn't start from the button, so we discovered it crank over jumping the solenoid, solenoids can still jump but not allow the engine to crank normally if they're bad. Replaced it, no change. Then I moved onto the button, when I parked the truck I had tried to start it again and the damned thing hung up and kept cranking with the key off, usually means bad solenoid or the stupid button the kid used that I got the truck from. Replaced it with a momentary start switch and still nothing! Effectively ruled it was the ignition switch on top of the column, so I bought one for an '83, wrong one, this column is from a late 80's-early 90's F-Series..

Once I got the correct switch, I'll be damned if it didn't start off the key instead of the button or switch. After messing around with the distributor a couple times, re-priming the oil pump, I got it right and fired that loud bitch off! Ran for a minute or so and shut it off. Tried to restart it yesterday and wound up flooding it and when it fired it shot a flame about a foot and a half long out of the driverside header lol. I have to get a throttle cable from a 1984 5.0 4bbl Mustang to get a proper throttle cause mine currently is too long, it's 23" and the Mustang cable is 20".

BTW, I've gone through hell and back trying to figure out how the hell to adapt this Edelbrock to work with a Ford kickdown rod for my C6 when it gets swapped in. Without fabbing anything its god damned near impossible to do it, even with Edelbrock's throttle plate adapter and the adapter for the kickdown. I'm just gonna run the C6 without a kickdown for now, until I get a wild hair and decide I wanna run a Holley. The edelbrock was a steal at $150 basically brand new so I'm not really inclined to off it just yet!
It's a Ford nothing is strait forward. Had to put headlight bulbs in the Edge last night what a pita. Lost more blood doing that then the whole hydraboost swap.lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128