MY NEW 2000 k3500 CREW CAB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Been absent for a while. Life gets in the way sometimes, I do think about this group a lot and how I am missing out.
I told the wife the other day, "I`ve been so busy I have not had time to wipe My ass." She replies, "That is something I need to talk about to You. " :boxed: :hidesbehindsofa: :gr_grin:
Any how, here is the n pigup, My old 93 on the trailer. Funny, the K3500 pulls the loaded trailer much easier and nicer than the 93 K1500 did with the trailer empty.
The 6.5 has a lot of nice up grades with the PCM relocation, #9 resistor, transmission shift programmer that can be switched to different modes, air bags on the rear and several other nice up grades.
it has 2345,000 miles and runs flawless.
I did install new timing chain/sprockets, thermostats, injectors and a good cleanig=ng in the engine compartment.
The exhaust flanges where the turbo bolts to the manifold were both warped, several hours with a block of 2X4 and 80 grit fixed that problem.
The more i drive this truck, the more I like it.
The kid I bought the truck from had built the front grill guard. Light but tough.

You must be registered for see images attach

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Nice rig..

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thank You 74SB
I had been on the search for one of these for about five years, most always I would find one, it would have some wrong equipment other than what I was looking for.
This one has a lot more miles than what I would have liked but, it had been well maintained and had all the upgrades that I was going to do Myself.
Besides, the price was right. LOL
Oil pressure has fallen off a little, just under 40# on the warmer days, running down the road at about 2200 RPMs. I`ll stuff a new pump into it soon as this car project is removed from the shop/garage.
I did make a mistake of letting the wifey drive it to church one Sunday morning, 30 miles to the west, Now whenever We get ready to go, She is always wanting to drive. I think she loves this truck more than she does Me. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL