Missing vacuum delay valve and dist. efe check valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Hi I am trying to put my 1985 c10 back to 100% stock under the hood. Need a little help I am missing the Vacuum delay valve for the distributor every schematic I look at indicates it is 3 port but no one lists a 3 port for a 1985 c10 they are all 2 or 4 port can someone please verify if theres is a 2/3/or 4 port and what colors it is. I have found out they are color coded like resistors.good to know.. Also please verify if you have a check valve at the efe dist. tvs. On the distributor vac delay valve I am playing with the idea of a tee to the vacuum sources to a 2 port vac delay valve to the dist. thanks

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I just replaced the one on my 454. The only 3 port I have is located on the air cleaner base. Standard Motor Products PVS44 is the one my truck required. It may not be the require one for yours, but you can see what it looks like. Here's a list of '85 C10 ported vacuum switches from Rockauto.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ical-switch+&+relay,ported+vacuum+switch,4604

This is the vacuum routing diagram for my K30. You can see the my 3 port on the bottom left.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I just replaced the one on my 454. The only 3 port I have is located on the air cleaner base. Standard Motor Products PVS44 is the one my truck required. It may not be the require one for yours, but you can see what it looks like. Here's a list of '85 C10 ported vacuum switches from Rockauto.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ical-switch+&+relay,ported+vacuum+switch,4604

This is the vacuum routing diagram for my K30. You can see the my 3 port on the bottom left.

Thank you , I was trying to find the vacuum delay valve and the vacuum check valve. Your label has it listed as a distributor delay valve. FWIW they are color coded no matter what car they are on I even have the color chart just no valve to look at. Tried calling standard for help, that was worthless, called dorman their guy was sharp, laughed about the conversation between me and standard and he had me fixed up in three minutes, I waited 3days just for the call back from standard.So dorman is my go to,now.Anyway switches now just a little confused about the routing on the 4 port egr tcc pvs. If any one can help do the bottom two ports go to carb ports h and j or are h and one on botto one on top of tvs the underhood schematic is confusing I think h and j are both bottom ports on tvs but if anyone can check on their truck I would appreciate it. thanks

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I was trying to find the distrbutor delay valve and the efe dist check valve,which I found and installed today. Thank you though. Can anyone with a 4 port egr purge tcc tvs . please check this hose routing against their truck please carb port h to bottom port of tvs other bottom port to trans conv vac switch carb port j to top of tvs to egr

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg