Man this Dash is messed up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cuba

Likes to work alone in her woman cave
Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
Christmas in July almost...lol. Maybe you left a ground unattached? Check the wire ends too. Sometimes the wires are so corroded they break inside the insulation. Look for green tarnish at the wire ends.... this is the corrosion

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Christmas in July almost...lol. Maybe you left a ground unattached? Check the wire ends too. Sometimes the wires are so corroded they break inside the insulation. Look for green tarnish at the wire ends.... this is the corrosion
I'm thinking this is the likely cause. I just checked the harness out of my '87. the dome picks up power from a plug on the upper left of the fuse block (orange wire). the white ground wire runs to the under dash light bulb, where it is spliced to the grounds the run out to the door switches.

crossy

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
the dome/cargo are basically together, they have a separate fuse in the fuse box that could EASILY have gotten blown with a shorted headlight switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL