LS swap. Whats a good street gear ratio.Pics inside with detail.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Well that's certainly not what's in the picture, lol. Got a picture of the new ones?

They will be the last thing i order. $5500 for wheels and tires from CCW. wheel in center with dew can is a FIKSE wheel 18/12 also.

You must be registered for see images attach

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Just recall that if you have a 4x4 setup you really need to keep your front and rear wheel size matched or you are going to shread your drive train. Front and rear diffs can be setup for different gear sets and tire sizes but trying to mix and match is going to be a bit of a pickle and I doubt the match will be close enough with mis matched tire sizes to balance it out with two different gear sets. Also, the question I didn't see here is what is your definition of street gearing? Are we talking about highway driving, around town street and strip duty, or just cruising country back roads? If you are going the size of 33 inch tires then you are going to want to keep around 3.73 to 4.10. Smaller than that, say around 31 inch tall tires (which many people run in stock configuration) you will probably want to look at 3.55 to 3.73 with an OD trans. If you spend a lot of time driving at 70 you might even consider a 3.08 to 3.36 gear seat....

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
and sorry, guess you are not 4 x 4. I thought I saw in there somewhere mention of 4x4.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey