Lower door carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If it was you, how would you go about making that happen?

A good cleaning to start with. If the cardboard backing is warped from water damage, dunk it in a tub of warm water, then lay it out to dry with heavy items weighting it down in the right areas. Spray adhesive to reattach the carpet to the cardboard. Then a couple light coats of spray dye. After the first coat dries, brush the carpet with a stiff nylon brush, then apply the second coat.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well thanks to Jesse I have a set now. I just picked up a really nice set of blue ones just for the chrome part. If anyone needs a blue set minus the shiny part hit me up.
You must be registered for see images attach

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
350/Th400, 4.56 with 35" BFG MT
I pulled my wrecked carpeted pieces off and used the backer board for a template on some hard board (peg board without the holes). I then recovered with some black Toyota trunk carpet. I also cut holes for my plastic door vents which i painted black to match. And last but not least I cut holes in my new backer board and installed the plastic fasteners that just push in. (Had to drill new holes, but now visible screw heads any more.

Long drawn out story short....I chose not to use the silver strips but still have them in the garage if anyone wants them. I can take photos if someone does want them.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I pulled my wrecked carpeted pieces off and used the backer board for a template on some hard board (peg board without the holes). I then recovered with some black Toyota trunk carpet. I also cut holes for my plastic door vents which i painted black to match. And last but not least I cut holes in my new backer board and installed the plastic fasteners that just push in. (Had to drill new holes, but now visible screw heads any more.

Long drawn out story short....I chose not to use the silver strips but still have them in the garage if anyone wants them. I can take photos if someone does want them.
Well let’s see them...not the strips the door thingys.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
I will post up some photos. Have to give me a couple days. I'm on my 12 on 12 off night rotation.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
Ewww yuck
Story of my life. Feel like I spend half my life at work. Then when I get my off days, I end up sleeping away the first one just trying to let my body catch up.

What even sucks more is my partner in crime works days and we can only get up with each other every other weekend. I need to drop both my fuel tanks to fix the sending units and to weld under my seat in order to reinstall my seat. Kinda hard to drop fuel tanks by your self.