Looking for a new dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I'm in the Carrollton area for now.

Shawn Cribbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
There are others who do this but here is his facebook page if you are close to Dallas. His name is Pedro.

https://www.facebook.com/pgauto.upholstery/

Shop name is PG Auto UpholsteryHis shop address is 3402 N Beach St, Ste B, Haltom City, Texas 76111.

I don't know for sure but I think he has done some cars for some local awards shows and if you check his photos on his fbook page some of the custom work he has done on C-10's and other Square body chevy's just looks second to none.

He has some photos of various squares in various sizes and shapes... single cabs, crew cabs, a full top 73'ish blazer...

Links to has facebook photo page.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/pgauto.upholstery/photos/?ref=page_internal.

He quoted me a price of 325 about a year ago to fix the cracks in the padding and receover with Vinyl. Honestly, my dash is just destroyed (and he's seen pictures of it, lol.)

I've held off because right now I am focusing on the chassis and power train so the dash is the furthest thing away. In fact it's probably going to be one of the final things I install, and I hate to tie money up in that now when I can use it on other things. Also I am unsure if I am going to do something with the audio stuff, like larger speaker's in the dash, or figure out a way to mount an android head unit in, and that might require some changes in the dash structure (trying to avoid it but most options I see might necessitate it).

From what I have learned since then I figure the door panels will probably be about just as much if nothing custom is done but I think it will be worth it. I do think I am going to add some of the 3/4 MDF panels to mount a set of component speakers in the area above the pockets but but if I do that I am going to want the panels and things to be under the vinyl and have it so the speaker grills are inset, so the customization might cost a little extra. I am probably going to do the woodwork on the panel, mount by switches in the panel, and have it ready to be upholstered. That part is just a matter of wood shaping and attaching (will just use some stainless panel screws from the back - side, and then I am going to make my own alluminum inserts on the upper rectangle part and around the door handle use a combination of the OEM handle surround and make a micro-suede panel where GM put those carpeted pieces.
That guy does some awesome work

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
absolutely. I hope I can find someone up here that can recover in leather like those. I've been trying to find a good picture like the ones posted for an example. I saw one on here a couple years back, but I think it went away after photofuckit got greedy.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
He quoted me about 325 for the dash. I think when I get around to it I am going to also have the door covers skinned in matching material as well as the sun visors. I figure that will probably be another 3 or 4 bills and then it'll all match

theramb99

Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Most of the ones I have read about either cost as much as a custom leather dash pad or are not very good replacements and that led me to the conclusion that if I was going to have to spend 300+ dollars on a good dash pad then I know an upholsterer in Dallas that can take my old dash and turn it into a leather covered work of art, complete with stitching color of my choice (will probably go black on white or grey). I got a quote from him and around 350 will get it done and here is an idea of the quality of his dash work.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images
Now that is NICE!!!

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I'm sure you can find a shop somewhere close if you want to spend the money. I've circulated some work estimates all over Texas and they usually are withing a small range of each other so I feel the pricing is fairly close. His usually turns out to be a touch lower, and I figure he is local for me so it's a huge savings to just be able to drop it off and pick it up when you have time.

Encinoman45

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I plan on ordering a the stock appearance pad from Cheyenne truck parts unless there is a better option out there. From my research, they seem to be the best.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I think that stock appearance pad is just a plastic cap but you might want to call and verify it. Not that its a bad thing. I saw some pictures of one truck and it looked pretty good. I think if your dash doesn't have huge cracks and peeled up vinyl on it, preventing it from sitting evenly, its probably a great solution.

Encinoman45

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I think that stock appearance pad is just a plastic cap but you might want to call and verify it. Not that its a bad thing. I saw some pictures of one truck and it looked pretty good. I think if your dash doesn't have huge cracks and peeled up vinyl on it, preventing it from sitting evenly, its probably a great solution.

Its not just a plastic cap. Its an actual replacement dash pad for $325.95

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
See, there we are at that price point again.... stock for the same price as custom..... LOL

Encinoman45

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
See, there we are at that price point again.... stock for the same price as custom..... LOL

I know. The prices on these stock replacement pads are way too high considering they are most likely made in a sweat shop in China, but a custom pad would look way out of place on my otherwise bone stock truck, so stock it will have to be.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I know there is C-10's in the park going on this weekend in Waxahachie, TX and I think one of the reputable vendors will be there with replacement pads. I'm thinking I might get one while there and save the shipping cost but I'm hung up on going custom, stock for the same price, or taking my old POS and slathering it with dash bondo and then covering it with bed liner or something similar (and cheap). I figure even if I screw it up it's cheap enough to do something like that, screw up, and then start over.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara