Lock switch question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Is there a place that's better than the rest to buy lock (and window) switches. Are the Dorman ones ok?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Is there a place that's better than the rest to buy lock (and window) switches. Are the Dorman ones ok?

I don’t know if there’s an answer to your first question, but I’d say the Dorman ones are hit or miss in my experience. The ones in my car are almost two years old, and they still look good and work but not so great. The switch is all jiggly on the one I don’t use, and the one I do use fell apart and a retainer clip broke when I was pulling the panel so I had to buy some clips and reassemble the switch. The ones in the Jimmy are almost a year old and perfectly fine. I’d get them on RockAuto or Amazon (wherever’s cheapest).

Jason T Mount

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
I just replaced all mine with Dorman switches. So far no issues except something in my wiring is all screwed up. Bur looks and functionality work good.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The ones from LMC are called Cub Company-no idea who they are but they are pretty nice actually-I’ve ordered quite a few for various harness kits and I also them myself. They arent restoration quality as far as the outer bezel design being different but nobody makes the correct squarebody power window switches anyway

spanky55amg

Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
The ones from LMC are called Cub Company-no idea who they are but they are pretty nice actually-I’ve ordered quite a few for various harness kits and I also them myself. They arent restoration quality as far as the outer bezel design being different but nobody makes the correct squarebody power window switches anyway

Well, just the man I'd like to hear from. Do you think that Cub Company is better than Dorman ?

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I cant imagine there is a lot of people repopping them-but the LMC one from Cub all have had outstanding chrome finish on them I have to admit.

spanky55amg

Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
I cant imagine there is a lot of people repopping them-but the LMC one from Cub all have had outstanding chrome finish on them I have to admit.

And I guess that is one of the things I am concerned about. It looks like the truck has some Dorman ones and the chrome is flaking off of the plastic. And I have searched Amazon and the parts houses, and LMC. The difference is only like 5 bucks. Id like to have better quality for that much.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just got a few things from LMC today in the mail-including a stainless window switch 2-button which would be accurate for 77-80 trucks and the chrome finish is better than new GM. Its not made by Cub and is from Taiwan but is extremely nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL