LMC Radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ralph

Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I'm looking into upgrading from the stock radio in my '85 Sierra. Not that there's anything wrong with it, I just want to be able to play songs from my phone. I was looking into this http://www.lmctruck.com/features/cc/CCRA0.htm and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. How's the quality and is there any better options? Thanks

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Another option and its on here somewhere is a adding an iput to your stock radio so you can plug your phone or mp3 into it

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I'm looking into upgrading from the stock radio in my '85 Sierra. Not that there's anything wrong with it, I just want to be able to play songs from my phone. I was looking into this http://www.lmctruck.com/features/cc/CCRA0.htm and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. How's the quality and is there any better options? Thanks

I have had that radio in my '77 for quite a while and have been very happy with it :waytogo:

redneck_reed78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Braden
Truck Year
1987, 1991
Truck Model
R30, Suburban
Engine Size
I've got one in my 78' and I'm happy with it except the Aux. cord is currently tucked behind because I couldn't find a place to put it without looking bad.

Ralph

Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
So you pretty much just fish the aux cord underneath the dash right? It might annoy me a little looks wise but I can deal with it. How's the install?

ffgig

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I'm on my second one. They both lost the stick on numbers on the dial window. And could not play mp3 songs loaded in anything bigger than a 2GB thumbdrive. Other than that it's okay.

Ralph

Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Well I'm going to order one tonight, for some reason my stock radio is now blowing fuses. I'm thinking I have a bad ground somewhere.

BigBlue87

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
how was the install on this radio? I'm thinking about buying the same one but cant confirm that it comes with a "plug and Play" adapter. Did you have to cut your old harness at all?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The Retrosound radios are sold by quite a few vendors, but I think that only Crutchfield gives you all the wiring harness adapters you need. However, you might want to give LMC a call to verify.

Retrosound also has more expensive radios that have additional features. I bought the Retrosound Hermosa, and it has bluetooth, USB and two aux inputs. I bought the cable that connects the USB and one aux input to a plug that is the diameter of a cigarette lighter plug so you can mount it under the dash. I've used the blutooth with my cell phone and it works well with the microphone clipped to the sun visor.

Bruce

Deezy

Reaction score
First Name
Blair
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
how was the install on this radio? I'm thinking about buying the same one but cant confirm that it comes with a "plug and Play" adapter. Did you have to cut your old harness at all?

Currently bumbling my way through installing this. Wife bought it for me from amazon... It is most definitely not plug and play. It came with a neatly folded pasta salad of wires out the back... The only one I'm absolutely sure I'm going to attach correctly is the ground.

First time installing a new head unit and speakers. Wish me luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat