LIGHT LENSES REPLACEMENTS BRANDS YA or NAY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoomalot

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado Shorty
Engine Size
350 Ram Jet
Tail light lenses and assembly quality vs which brand seems best for fit and function.
For that matter all light lenses and assemblies.
Must be lots of conversation out there?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Are yours cracked/busted or just hazed? I got a headlight restorer kit, and fixed mine so I could hold onto the originals a while longer.

Zoomalot

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado Shorty
Engine Size
350 Ram Jet
They have that Heat crack haze on the inside that's turning orange so time to reluctantly change out for (off shore)
Want good quality like everyone I guess, but how can you tell till you see them.

Zoomalot

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado Shorty
Engine Size
350 Ram Jet
So how did the Plastic Restorer Kit do it's job?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
So how did the Plastic Restorer Kit do it's job?
I gotcha. I’m not really sure which replacement is passable. My local O’Reilly’s has a replacement pair sitting on the shelf so if that wasn’t up to par, you could always return them easily. I think they’re not terribly expensive. And it’s your lucky day. I posted before and after pics on the forum, which is good because I lost my copies a while ago. I think it did a good job. That yellow in the reverse lights doesn’t really impede anything so I’m pretty happy with it. That was like two years ago, and they still look the same.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Zoomalot

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado Shorty
Engine Size
350 Ram Jet
Thanks for the Pics/ The Kit did a dam nice job looking from here!
You U.S. Squarebody guys are lucky with your parts, by the time us Canucks get parts over the border, your sometimes
adding another 125%

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Thank you! @shiftpro is in the same province as you. Not that close at all, but it’s still good to have a neighbor even if they’re far away. I guess O’Reilly’s ain’t happening, but there’s a NAPA in Nanaimo. If they don’t have it in stock, they should be able to get it. Albeit for a greater cost but you have the ease of returning it if need be. Otherwise, you can order them from RockAuto. They cost $31.97 USD plus $11.99 to ship to postal code V9P 0A1. I know that’s not you, but it’s close enough. Not an awful price for them. Only like four or five dollars more than if I bought them. Plus, there’s a 5% discount code in the preferred vendors section for RockAuto.

Zoomalot

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado Shorty
Engine Size
350 Ram Jet
Thanks for the info !!!

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
TYC generally makes a good aftermarket light with regards to brands. As for quality I doubt any of them will last as long as the OEMs but with how they are priced and how easily they install I wouldnt mind changing them out every 4-5 years.

The previous owner of my burb left a new set of tail light lenses in the box in the back when I bought it. I havent installed them yet but I can snap some pics if you want to see actual photos of aftermarket lenses as opposed to the professional photography taken for websites. They are either TYC or eagle eye, cant remember.

Zoomalot

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado Shorty
Engine Size
350 Ram Jet
Thanks for Brand info, it's one I was looking at for purchase.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey