Leaf Spring Bushings

If you were going to replace bushings would you buy polyurethane bushings or factory replacements?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Late to the party, OE rubber was the only choice back in the day for original usage but any quality urethane will be fine for what we do with these trucks now. Ease of installation, advances in design, and price make urethane a good alternative. JMHO

Cuba

Likes to work alone in her woman cave
Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
if we are talking about energy suspension bushings then no they are the exact same hardness.

the only difference between Reds and Black by ES are the black are Graphite injected and the reds are not. they are the same hardness and the reds sqeek because they dont self lubricate like the blacks do.

so go with the blacks.

Yes the energy. You may be right on the stiffness, but I was assuming on why they may squeak more than the black ones. The lack of graphite may be it then. I've used white ones too, but a different company. It's hard to tell how hard they are because of the time of year I may do a job. The colder it is, the harder rubeer and plastic gets, etc.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
There have been discussions on this subject for a long long time. In performance use, poly is NOT the answer - but for the life of me I can't remember the reasoning. Delrin is the preferred material in all locations except sway bars, where poly is fine.

I went with delrin in most locations on my Camaro. Unfortunately I do not believe they make Delrin bushings for our trucks.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
They also sell solid aluminum, can’t really call them bushings, spring eye plugs. Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54