just tinted, what do ya think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
The one thats on my suburban is an original from the 60's that my dad handed down to me.

The ones I saw were a set. Looked to be either new old stock, or someone is doing repops, because these hadn't ever been used.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The windows on My 2000 crew cab was tinted before i bought it. I`m thinking about scraping that stuff off, it is scratced bad.
My vision aint what it used to be too, very difficult to see out through them in the dark.
I like the looks of the tinted windows, I guess I could always go back on with this black magic stuff if I dont like the looks of the non tinted windows.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
The windows on My 2000 crew cab was tinted before i bought it. I`m thinking about scraping that stuff off, it is scratced bad.
My vision aint what it used to be too, very difficult to see out through them in the dark.
I like the looks of the tinted windows, I guess I could always go back on with this black magic stuff if I dont like the looks of the non tinted windows.
Well from experience the black magic static tint gets scratched during application and is harder to see from but ive only ever used dark 5% so maybe its me. I was very pleased with the clarity of the gila brand for clarity.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
The ones I saw were a set. Looked to be either new old stock, or someone is doing repops, because these hadn't ever been used.
It had generic mud flaps on it when i bought it but i didnt like the looks so i ditched em. Id like keep on truckin flaps tho lol also funny side note is i work at a TA truck stop so its fitting lol

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Lol smart ass. Its not like im hiding it, theres full truck pics on here. Yea she has cancer but i love her.

Im hiding mine... hahahahahaha

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
My crew cab has some old cheap tint on the windows, I think it's 5%. I'll tell you what, it's a bitch to drive that long ass truck at night like that, lol. It's more of a nice weather truck though, so usually the front windows are down.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Wings tinted very sloppy like
You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
My crew cab has some old cheap tint on the windows, I think it's 5%. I'll tell you what, it's a bitch to drive that long ass truck at night like that, lol. It's more of a nice weather truck though, so usually the front windows are down.
The static crap kind i have blows to see outta in a 5% but i know actual professional glue on 5% isnt too bad. Im just too broke ta pay for a pro job so i $13 half ass it myself lol

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Back in the day, I did all the windows in a old Chevy passenger van. It came out OK, but did have some tiny bits of dust (or whatever) between film and windows. I'd rather replace a heater core than do it again!:eek:

Since then, I have used a local shop to do 4-5 cars and trucks over the past 15+ years, and I'm always amazed at how they do it without trapping any dust or air bubbles.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Back in the day, I did all the windows in a old Chevy passenger van. It came out OK, but did have some tiny bits of dust (or whatever) between film and windows. I'd rather replace a heater core than do it again!:eek:

Since then, I have used a local shop to do 4-5 cars and trucks over the past 15+ years, and I'm always amazed at how they do it without trapping any dust or air bubbles.
Thats

Thats the nice part bout static u can peel it back n clean it and do it again. I hace many times lol