Is this a good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidfite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Im trying to get my first square. Got a trade offer. This 82 k10 and trailer for my 2001 Honda shadow. The bike is worth about 1500-2200 depending on the season. Is this a good deal?
You must be registered for see images attach

davidfite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
More

davidfite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Oh and he says it's an 82 but the sticker on the door says 87.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
That's probably in the ballpark. Normal rust areas, but the body lines all appear to still line up properly, so the mounts haven't collapsed yet. What does it look like underneath? how does it run and drive? I would say as long as everything is working properly, it would be a fair trade.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

davidfite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Also I've never had dual gas tanks. Should there be a switch or something for those or do they switch automatically? I don't see a switch on the dash.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Also I've never had dual gas tanks. Should there be a switch or something for those or do they switch automatically? I don't see a switch on the dash.

There should be switch in the metal part of the dash, just to the left of the ashtray.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Get a pic of the emissions system sticker on the rad support, but then again if it is an 87 all other injection stuff has been removed and well that's not an 87 engine.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
It looks like you would have a heater core replacement in your future too. As said by @CSFJ the rot is normal for these trucks.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The front bumper doesn't say it's an 82 either. 81 and 82 had turn signals in the bumper. That bumper looks to be NEW. Look at how the chrome shines. I'd find out what the deal is with the being an 82 or 87 and the VIN and make sure it's not a chop shop truck VIN swap truck and go from there first and foremost.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And I just noticed something else, see that cover over the NP208 shifter? That is the Combo boot shifter cover for a 4 speed with Overdrive transmission A833 truck. If that thing is not cracked or broken, that's worth a few bucks. Guys with A833's that need that part CAN NOT get it. If it's in good shape and cleans up nice, that'll probably bring you $50 by itself. So yeah, something is fishy about this truck. That is NOT correct for an Auto Trans truck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And yet another, notice no wiper switch under the headlight switch, that means the wiper switch is on the turn signal mutlifunction switch, which is an 84 or later truck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Get a pic of the emissions system sticker on the rad support, but then again if it is an 87 all other injection stuff has been removed and well that's not an 87 engine.
No, that engine is likely to be early to mid 70's. It appears to be orignal chevy orange, by 77 is should have been blue. Now that doesn't mean someone didn't paint a later model engine Chevy Orange, but I don't see an EGR valve and that appears to be an OEM manifold. I'm going to go with it being a true year model correct to be an Orange engine.

davidfite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The engine according to him was rebuilt with parts from a 70s corvette engine. Says it's been a farm truck most of its life. He mentioned how hard it is to find parts for it, which to me seemed a little odd. These trucks are pretty common, from what I've seen it's only hard to find very specific small things but in general there's a ton of them right? Anyway, with all the things you guys have pointed out, I think I'm going to pass. My heart is set on a 78 (or at least a 73-79) so I don't think this one is good enough to make the jump. I appreciate all the info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara