Interior Rear Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason T Mount

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
HELP. I am looking to try and fabricate new rear interior Panels for my 1987 Full Size Blazer. I am curious if anyone has any suggestions or at least a diagram with all the dimensions so I can start fabricating them. Any suggestions or pics of what you have done would be awesom e to give me more Ideas.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Is this an offroad rig? Will you be running topless and possibly getting the interior wet? I think a 1/4 mdf board will do if you dont plan on getting it wet. Then you can either bedline it for heavy use or spray it with adhesive and line carpet on it. You can also use leather if you wanna get fancy with some stainless steel or diamond plate accents.

As for a template use a cardboard box cut to shape and use the existing mounting holes. Or check out this link http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showpost.php?p=2317836&postcount=19

You used to be able to get oem replacements online but they were PRICEY, still might be available. I remember looking them up when I was gonna buy a k5 that had a gutted interior and they were over $500.

Jason T Mount

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Thanks for the reply Crispy. Didnt think about using Cardboard as a Template. I got rid of my hard top and now only have a soft top from SoftTopper. Mainly it would be used on Road. Very seldom off road unless on the farm or something like that slinging mud every once in a while. But I was leaning toward the carpet installation on the project. Didnt really know what material to use was pretty much what I was after. But yea they still sell them and they are 546 for the set I believe.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
No problem. Companies sell aftermarket headliners with plastic backing board instead of cardboard, if you can source panels big enough you can use that instead of MDF. It will be lighter and you wont have to worry if it gets wet. Otherwise I think MDF and carpet will be the cheapest and easiest route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell