Injector testing with an Oscilloscope (O-scope)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Since I put the thermistors on the fan to elliminate current spikes, I thought what about the injectors on the LS? In the end this led me to the video below. You don't have to use the tool he has. As he says in the video and o-scope is fine. I'd like to see that waveform square (no spike), but it's good for troubleshooting to have it. Since an injector is just a solenoid, you could use this testing for other things as well not just injectors.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have a 20yr old and 40 yr old oscilloscopes for testing and seeing a waveform if it is of help. Been usefull to diagnose timing belt issues and crank/cam position sensors

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
not that I need one, but someone else might. Are you selling them? I remember when I first went from old school scopes to the new style. Took a few hours to figure out where everything was in the menus.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I doubt anyone would want to buy one of these. Other one is a much smaller hand held fluke(but still 15-20 years old)

not that I need one, but someone else might. Are you selling them? I remember when I first went from old school scopes to the new style. Took a few hours to figure out where everything was in the menus.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
but for someone thats never used one, they are super easy. Like I said, no 50 miles of menus to search through....everything has a knob or a button. If it does have a menu....it's minor lol.