Initial $2k investment to ‘85 c10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alecrfreeman30

Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Just bought an ‘85 C10 long wheel base with a Newly built 350, 700r Tran, and 3.73 LSD all with less than 500 miles since built.

I have an extra $2,000 to invest into this truck. My question is what to prioritize in order to make this truck as reliable as possible. I’m going to keep investing and completely restoring this truck. But simply put, if you had an extra $2k, what would you do first in terms of reliability? Thankyou!

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
If running gear is in good order, look at brakes and steering/suspension parts to see if anything needs attention. Doesn't matter how good it goes, if it doesn't stop or turn where/when you need it to.
Also, what shape is the cooling system in? Radiator good, no leaks? Belts and hoses good?
After the mechanicals are good and trustworthy, then you can start with the pretty stuff (paint, bodywork, interior, stereo, custom wheels etc.).
These old trucks are VERY reliable if they have the necessary maintenance and repairs done.
And when you have an "old" or "classic" vehicle that's taken care of, it's a win for you and a win for the hobby at large.

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just bought an ‘85 C10 long wheel base with a Newly built 350, 700r Tran, and 3.73 LSD all with less than 500 miles since built.

I have an extra $2,000 to invest into this truck. My question is what to prioritize in order to make this truck as reliable as possible. I’m going to keep investing and completely restoring this truck. But simply put, if you had an extra $2k, what would you do first in terms of reliability? Thankyou!

Well, the driveline sounds like it is done.
Brakes and suspension.
Electrical.
Keep the rest in the glove box for use as needed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy