Ignition HELP! [solved]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
But the wires and distributor still go in the same place, lol.. :D You like all this electronic **** do ya, well I can send ya a pile off Big Red Turd if ya want..:happy175::happy175:

If you have big red turds you should probably see a dr. (tried making a sarcasm font)

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
If you have big red turds you should probably see a dr.
I don't know he keeps bringing up the smog dick.......maybe he's probing something he shouldn't be.:happy175:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
You guys crack me up..:happy175:

Mike7ftr

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
I got a gun for my wife. Best trade I ever made.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
I was that in-between tech when I worked for MB. I did their mechanical FI and their newer stuff. (Benz hasnt had a carb since........... you get the point). There were guys coming out of [tech] school a year and two after me that had no idea about mechanical fuel injection, but its not like they taught that in tech school or benz school. (It either works or doesnt, but most of the time its a tuning issue.) It used to grind my gears when I worked on a team of new guys (guys my age or experience level), yet I was given all of the old stuff. It took me a hot minute to realize I got that stuff because I knew my head from a hole in the ground, or my ass depending on which tech we are talking about.

I really want to go LQ9 on this truck. (I want the 9 and not 4 for the lack of compression so I can turbo it easier. Unless I go Duramax... decisions, decisions). But after throwing this truck back together, it is just kind of simple to keep it carbed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg