Hydro boost leaks back into the cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Be sure to bench bleed the master, then, after getting the master bolted up, start the lines into their ports, then, have someone push the pedal down and hold it while You tighten the fittings. That will save You a bunch of brake bleeding.
I usually put the master on put 2hoses in the ports not the lines fill the bowls and put the hoses in the fluid. It pushes out air and draws in fluid do that till there's no more bubbles.

MOguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Be sure to bench bleed the master, then, after getting the master bolted up, start the lines into their ports, then, have someone push the pedal down and hold it while You tighten the fittings. That will save You a bunch of brake bleeding.

Thanks. I got the wrong one from Orielys. Then said they got the right on in today but it is the same as the wrong one I got Saturday. They keep ordering the one that runs on vacuum.

Can anybody tell me who can help get the right one?

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
go to a real parts store. those nation wide chains just have people entering info into a computer for the most part they know nothing. how can you tell the difference between a hydraboost master and a vacuum boost master?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
go to a real parts store. those nation wide chains just have people entering info into a computer for the most part they know nothing. how can you tell the difference between a hydraboost master and a vacuum boost master?
I've asked the same question. I think when I pull the MC off the hydraboost for replacement I will do an indepth comparison between the vacuum assist and hydraboost being I have both laying here. Hydraboost is 89 vacuum assist is 87. Here's a pic but it's only external differences.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks. I got the wrong one from Orielys. Then said they got the right on in today but it is the same as the wrong one I got Saturday. They keep ordering the one that runs on vacuum.

Can anybody tell me who can help get the right one?
Tell them it has a "HYDROBOOST".
Oriellys did the same thing to a guy I know. He was having terrible bad break problems. One look amnd I knew what the problem was, someone had installed a vac boost to it and it was not working well with the hydro boost master cylinder.
Finally after I explained it to the counter person they finally got it right.
Of course the truck had been converted from a diesel to a 350 gasser.

MOguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size

There is about 80 people in my township, less than 600 in my zip code, and the closest towns (about 1.5 hour round trip) have about 2-3K people. My options are limited to Orileys, AutoZone, NAPA (horrible customer service, no help and I have to take a day off to get their when they are open) and a place called Parts City.

Auto Zone or Orielys are the only place that will allow you to order over the phone or using the internet. I have to get it at one of those places or off the internet.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd hate to suggest RockAuto.com since you could get the wrong one from them too. Not likely but it could happen. Sadly, Napa IMO has declined a little bit. Likely due to the Discount chains shoving them out of competition with cut throat prices for ****. Napa used to be nothing but quality but there prices were higher naturally and people must not care about quality over price these days. Not to mention, Discount chains have lifetime warranty and you'd pay for Napa and get a 1 yr warranty. You might swap that Discount chain part 10x vs not have to replace the Napa part for years but that's not what people want these days. Then there was CarQuest who was also like Napa, good quality but higher price. Now Advance Auto has bought out CarQuest because they didn't fare well with the Discount Chains either, so for the time being you can get good quality parts from Advance Auto until they sell out of the Car Quest Inventory then I expect it will be back to **** parts just like AZ and O'ry's.

It's just sad today that you can't get good quality auto parts without going to the dealership and buying brand new. I know a guy who will buy nothing but factory AC Delco Starters, Alternator and Water Pumps direct from a GM stealership due to the fact, he wants to replace it one time and be done so he don't care what the cost is. Bad part is, many of these parts for our trucks and not stocked by stealerships who save their shelf space for the current model parts that they need in stock for warranty work. So you have it located at another stealership in the country as New Old Stock and have to pay shipping too to get it the your local stealership. **** just isn't right. One of use need to start a good quality reman shop for Master Cylinders, Calipers, Starters, Alternators and water pumps. Last water pump I bought wasn't even a Reman, it was a brand new one from RockAuto.com and quality was certainly there. I could tell it in the casting, the bearing and the gaskets it came with. It was all good and fit like a glove. I'm wanting to say it was also an AC Delco brand.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Yep. Price beats quality for 99% of the population these days. Look a Wal-Mart's success. **** product at the absolute lowest price, guaranteed. It sucks, if you're not familiar enough to search stuff out online independently. I've had real good luck with eBay and Amazon for AC Delco part. Even NOS from ebay. The only trick to it, is finding the correct part numbers to search for.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
There are 2 Advances here and the one was a Carquest that's the one I use...they have good people the other one man buns or douche knots and **** hanging out of their faces....

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
We still have an independent in a really ****** part of Flint, that stocks nothing but AC Delco. They never lack for business. Hell, I think their in store machine shop is still in business.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
We still have an independent in a really ****** part of Flint, that stocks nothing but AC Delco. They never lack for business. Hell, I think their in store machine shop is still in business.
Sounds like a Big A store. Napa bought them up around here tho.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Brown and Sons is the place in flint.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
The Big As used to have machine shops in them and big rows of books. Lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
A lot of the old school places up here had machine shops too, but they're almost all gone now.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I blame Pep Boys for the influx of ducky cut rate parts houses.