Hydraboost swap R30 to V10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Now I see your thread. Looks like you've gotten the same info I just PM'ed you with. :waytogo:
Just trying to fill in the blanks if I don't have to fish that bracket out it will make me happy. It sucked getting it out of the white truck and wasn't nice about it. In the black truck I kinda have to be nice and don't want to pull the column.

74propu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
austin
Truck Year
1974 1980 1986
Truck Model
c10s/b c10 s/b c10l/b
Engine Size
5.3 / ?/454 tbi
I looked for a thread and didn't find one so if anyone has done this I have a few questions....
1 the mount plate on the hydraboost has 2 studs pointing in. Do I need to swap any bracing from inside the cab or are the holes there? The V10 has 6 studs. Do I cut off the inward studs and Terrill the plate for the existing studs. Thatssounds a lot simpler.....maybe I answered my own question. I tend to do that. Lol
2 for the rerun from the brake assist unit can I Y this into the steering return? I have a big block and the hydraboost pump is small block.
I will chronicle my progress as I go so if in fact there isn't a how to maybe this can serve as such...
The beginnin.
You must be registered for see images attach

You can Y in the return lines OR you can switch out the pump on to your BB brackets . I am running a v6 pump on my BB using the BB brackets and pulleys hope this helps you out . us BB brothers have to stick togather

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
You can Y in the return lines OR you can switch out the pump on to your BB brackets . I am running a v6 pump on my BB using the BB brackets and pulleys hope this helps you out . us BB brothers have to stick togather
Ok thanks I will have to check on swapping pumps my BB pump is quite dinosauric it's shaped weird. And yes we do. Lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Here we go a day early getting started....

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Pedal on the left is vacuum right hydraboost.... the upper pivot is in the same position. Which is awsome I didn't want to have to swap brackets. The one in my truck even has the return spring hole. Thanks Chevy for not being retarded....lol

Another bonus is I'm getting rid of the faggoty pedal pads that were glued and screwed to the pedals.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Getting the old vacuum assist system off....swapping fenders too so it just makes it a bit easier to get at everything.

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hydraboost is mounted had to knock the inward studs out and ream those 2 holes a little. Needed to put a spacer on the driver side middle stud because the nut hits the body of the hydraulic unit. Other side is ok. I'm sure that's why the studs went inward. Not a big deal tho. But the hydraboost goes onto the vacuum assist mount.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I just have to add I am so diggin this swap. It's nice when you have to take something off before you install it, it gives you a feel for what needs done. It definitely frees up some space over the vacuum booster and well if everything I'm told is true it should stop great especially with 4wheel disc. Will pick this up tomorrow running out of steam now lol. There isn't much left just gotta mount the pedal and hook up the lines and make a return system. My PS pump is the old round reservoir and doesn't appear the dual return 89 one will mount to the BB bracket. Not a big deal just have to put a Y in it not a T otherwise it will deadhead the returning fluid and that won't end well.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Just installed the hydraboost pedal it fits and works as it should in the vacuum assist bracket. Just gotta get the return spring and return spring cover installed that's gonna wait till tomorrow as that's gonna be a treat to install.lol

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
Just installed the hydraboost pedal it fits and works as it should in the vacuum assist bracket. Just gotta get the return spring and return spring cover installed that's gonna wait till tomorrow as that's gonna be a treat to install.lol
Nice work!! I bet it's nice having that fender off to do all that! I anxious to see what you think once you get done. Once I get all my powertrain bugs worked out (I'm getting close) this might very well be my next project. Keep posting the pics!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Nice work!! I bet it's nice having that fender off to do all that! I anxious to see what you think once you get done. Once I get all my powertrain bugs worked out (I'm getting close) this might very well be my next project. Keep posting the pics!
Will do. Being I'm also doing a dash swap it opened up inside area too. Pulling the cluster is a big help as well. I still need to get calipers and brake hoses. I gotta get one of my cores off the K5 yet then I will have all 4. I think the worst part is gonna be that damn return spring on the pedal.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Another bonus is I'm getting rid of the faggoty pedal pads that were glued and screwed to the pedals.
I was gonna say somethin bout them pedals, but I thought you might'a put'em there.

Glad you got it goin your way.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I was gonna say somethin bout them pedals, but I thought you might'a put'em there.

Glad you got it goin your way.
Hell no lol :waytogo:

Ricer pedals gone....

Last edited:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Lol. I thought you'd be good to go with the existing bracket. I need to drag my manual trans pedal assy out and refamiliarize myself with where it needs to live. Also a repaint and install of the new bushings wouldn't hurt.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Lol. I thought you'd be good to go with the existing bracket. I need to drag my manual trans pedal assy out and refamiliarize myself with where it needs to live. Also a repaint and install of the new bushings wouldn't hurt.
It made my night not having to take that bracket out of the black truck. There is a lot of crap under there I don't need but it ain't eating anything so it can stay there unmolested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbcasterlin