Hydraboost swap R30 to V10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I looked for a thread and didn't find one so if anyone has done this I have a few questions....
1 the mount plate on the hydraboost has 2 studs pointing in. Do I need to swap any bracing from inside the cab or are the holes there? The V10 has 6 studs. Do I cut off the inward studs and Terrill the plate for the existing studs. Thatssounds a lot simpler.....maybe I answered my own question. I tend to do that. Lol
2 for the rerun from the brake assist unit can I Y this into the steering return? I have a big block and the hydraboost pump is small block.
I will chronicle my progress as I go so if in fact there isn't a how to maybe this can serve as such...
The beginnin.
You must be registered for see images attach

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Grab the pedal assy from the parts truck. it has the missing studs pressed into it. there's also a slight difference in the pin location for the pushrod.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
or you could do it like you thought. I didn't notice that you had already pulled the brake pedal from the other truck. So yeah, knocking those two studs out would probably be the easiest route.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
or you could do it like you thought. I didn't notice that you had already pulled the brake pedal from the other truck. So yeah, knocking those two studs out would probably be the easiest route.
Yeah I saw a few people said the pedal is different. I'm gonna pull the fenders on the black truck and start tomorrow on the swap. The white truck isn't going any where if I gotta get the brace from it I'm hoping not tho. Maybe there is holes there just covers up. I wouldn't think v10 and r30 cabs would be different but who knows.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Yeah I saw a few people said the pedal is different. I'm gonna pull the fenders on the black truck and start tomorrow on the swap. The white truck isn't going any where if I gotta get the brace from it I'm hoping not tho. Maybe there is holes there just covers up. I wouldn't think v10 and r30 cabs would be different but who knows.

It's been a bit since I looked at the pedal assy that I have, but iirc, the h-boost bracket matches the same 6 holes in the vac-boost bracket. For whatever reason, they switched up which brackets the studs were pressed into for the respective systems. probably only to make it so the pedal assemblies weren't interchangeable.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
It's been a bit since I looked at the pedal assy that I have, but iirc, the h-boost bracket matches the same 6 holes in the vac-boost bracket. For whatever reason, they switched up which brackets the studs were pressed into for the respective systems. probably only to make it so the pedal assemblies weren't interchangeable.
Nice I wouldn't think it was a strength issue because hydraboost take less force to do the same work right? I just looked at the white truck and if I wouldn't have put the column back up I could of pulled the bracket. Probably do that tomorrow.lol. I will try to take plenty of pics.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Nice I wouldn't think it was a strength issue because hydraboost take less force to do the same work right? I just looked at the white truck and if I wouldn't have put the column back up I could of pulled the bracket. Probably do that tomorrow.lol. I will try to take plenty of pics.

I'm thinking that you should be able to knock out the 2 inward pointing studs, and use your existing pedal bracket, with the new h-boost pedal. The six studs coming through the firewall should all line up then. worst case would be you at least have the other pedal bracket available on hand if you need it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'm thinking that you should be able to knock out the 2 inward pointing studs, and use your existing pedal bracket, with the new h-boost pedal. The six studs coming through the firewall should all line up then. worst case would be you at least have the other pedal bracket available on hand if you need it.
That's the plan.lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I'll be playing with those brackets all to soon myself. I've got the h-boost pedal assy with the clutch pedal too. only thing I need to remember is where the master cylinder mounts on the firewall. Not a lot of realestate left out there.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'll be playing with those brackets all to soon myself. I've got the h-boost pedal assy with the clutch pedal too. only thing I need to remember is where the master cylinder mounts on the firewall. Not a lot of realestate left out there.
Oh joy.... it's gonna suck being careful under the dash of the black truck.....the white one yeah **** got moved whether it wanted to or not.lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Oh joy.... it's gonna suck being careful under the dash of the black truck.....the white one yeah **** got moved whether it wanted to or not.lol

lol. yeah, when I parted the '87, the pedal assy was one of the last pieces that came out. and it still fought me even with no column, no wiring harness, and the sides of the dash unbolted.

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
Good project @Honky Kong jr, I've been tossing this project around myself since everyone raves about the hydroboost brakes. I'm going to follow your thread here and see how it goes.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Good project @Honky Kong jr, I've been tossing this project around myself since everyone raves about the hydroboost brakes. I'm going to follow your thread here and see how it goes.
It's something I wanted to do as well and when the white truck came along it just clicked and away we go I just wanted the fenders lol the hydraboost was a bonus.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Pulled the pedal bracket out of the R30 I hope they are the same because I wasn't friendly to anything under that dash getting it out.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Now I see your thread. Looks like you've gotten the same info I just PM'ed you with. :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adriank