how to hook up manual choke 1405

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horchata81k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
having some trouble getting my manual choke to work or to something i have no clue how to get this going, i saw a couple vids but nothing really helped this other string i’m holding not sure what is does from what i saw that’s supposed to pull the choke it was connect near the spring when i took of the original quad jet but it doesn’t seem to even reach to the choke
You must be registered for see images attach

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Cable in first picture is for tranny kick down. Attaches to left side of carb. Unless someone added a manual choke it never came with one. Will need an aftermarket kit.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
What is your transmission type? If it's Turbo Hydro 350, then its "detent" cable will need to be attached to the bottom hole on your carb lever where a return spring is currently connected. Then it will need to be adjusted. Google "TH350 kickdown cable adjustment" and you'll probably find hundreds of YouTube videos on how to do it.

As for the manual choke, you'll have to buy a cable kit, as mentioned above. Here's 165 to choose from!

horchata81k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
What is your transmission type? If it's Turbo Hydro 350, then its "detent" cable will need to be attached to the bottom hole on your carb lever where a return spring is currently connected. Then it will need to be adjusted. Google "TH350 kickdown cable adjustment" and you'll probably find hundreds of YouTube videos on how to do it.

As for the manual choke, you'll have to buy a cable kit, as mentioned above. Here's 165 to choose from!
it’s an automatic transmission and, got the cable kit aswell, do i have to use that even with an auto transmission or can i just leave it

DrvnDrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Your missing the choke houseing. It's the metal part that attaches to the carb on the front corner. the manual is the black plastic part that attaches to the cable. An auto choke will have 2 wires attached to it. There is also a piece of linkage missing that attaches to the butterfly control rod.
Edit., I noticed you have the 1405, not 1406 as I do, that has no choke control housing. You could use the mounting holes to attach a choke control cable.

Last edited:

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
it’s an automatic transmission and, got the cable kit aswell, do i have to use that even with an auto transmission or can i just leave it
Yes, you need the cable for a 1405, no matter what kind of transmission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005