How much RTV is needed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
WOW , I dont think I have ever seen anything like that before. Time to blow that holley apart and start over.
Totally true. And I mean start ALL OVER. That's going to need to be tore down, soaked in solvent and blown out in every orfice and channel.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Well. Not going tonight. F that rush hour traffic crap. 1 he 15 mins to go 20 miles. I'll go Saturday.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd say you're most likely right. The RTV has gotten in the needle and seat. Can you clean it out? You don't need a complete rebuild kit. Pretty sure Holley still sells bowl gaskets only. Common that they do for the guys that just want to open then for changing the jets or power valve. If the ACC Pump is still good, the needle and seat are still good, RTV wasn't used on the air horn gasket, then maybe you can get by with a tear down, and use just new float bowl and metering block gaskets.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'd say you're most likely right. The RTV has gotten in the needle and seat. Can you clean it out? You don't need a complete rebuild kit. Pretty sure Holley still sells bowl gaskets only. Common that they do for the guys that just want to open then for changing the jets or power valve. If the ACC Pump is still good, the needle and seat are still good, RTV wasn't used on the air horn gasket, then maybe you can get by with a tear down, and use just new float bowl and metering block gaskets.
Yup the blue ones are your friends.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hmm, if RTV makes a Holley run bad... maybe RTV will make an Eddy run good?

HAHAHA, I couldn't help myself :rofl:
Well it probably couldnt make it work any worse..... lol

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I also should say, an Eddy may not be so bad, but they don't play nice with me. When I get one, they usually end up in the hands of a member here. Only got one left, and it works somewhat. But it really has no choice, it's a dinky little 500cfm unit attempting to feed a 454 in a heavy truck. It rarely ever tries to run rich. Well, I'm sure it's trying it's damnedest, it just can't, lol.

But anyway, to the Eddy lovers:

It's not you, it's just me.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Me too I had one once put it on the s10 for about 1/2 an hour and it literally got pounced off the floor and got tossed in the scrap bin. What a sad day for Weber. I’ve run plenty of Weber’s IDAs and DCOEs with out issue then that Eddy/Weber abortion just very sad.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Me too I had one once put it on the s10 for about 1/2 an hour and it literally got pounced off the floor and got tossed in the scrap bin. What a sad day for Weber. I’ve run plenty of Weber’s IDAs and DCOEs with out issue then that Eddy/Weber abortion just very sad.
But IDA's and DCOE's are NOT Carters which an Eddie is, Weber just makes em, no comparo. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahara