How Much Is This 35x7 Gooseneck Worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I tried to sell this over the summer, and I passed on an offer that I probably should have taken. I got some more offers that seemed like low ball ones so there it sits. I'd like to get $5,000 for it, but the highest offer I got was $4500, if I remember correctly, which I'd take out of fear that I couldn't get what I wanted. It's got three bad tires (good enough to be pulled out of there, though, and driven away. It's missing three of the taillights. They just fell out, I guess, unless someone stole them. It sits right next to U.S. 51 so it's entirely possible. I would revise the wiring harness, but I don't think there are any major issues. The deck is so-so. I know my dad punched through it when he was hauling something really heavy, and he started to repair it several years ago, but he was starting to get bad, and it never happened. I'd really like to sell it and get that money so I can have the E4OD in his truck rebuilt (for like the third time) so it doesn't just sit and sit. I'm gonna put an external cooler in it, too, so there's that. I'd also like to have the extra for the transmissions in my vehicles. The Jimmy acts kinda fishy sometimes, and the Caprice doesn't, but it's got 256,000 miles on an unrebuilt '86 700R4 so I know it'll happen eventually, and I'd like to prepare while it's still going strong. Am I asking too much, or should I invest some time and money into it to make it more viable, or what do you guys think?

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I tried to sell this over the summer, and I passed on an offer that I probably should have taken. I got some more offers that seemed like low ball ones so there it sits. I'd like to get $5,000 for it, but the highest offer I got was $4500, if I remember correctly, which I'd take out of fear that I couldn't get what I wanted. It's got three bad tires (good enough to be pulled out of there, though, and driven away. It's missing three of the taillights. They just fell out, I guess, unless someone stole them. It sits right next to U.S. 51 so it's entirely possible. I would revise the wiring harness, but I don't think there are any major issues. The deck is so-so. I know my dad punched through it when he was hauling something really heavy, and he started to repair it several years ago, but he was starting to get bad, and it never happened. I'd really like to sell it and get that money so I can have the E4OD in his truck rebuilt (for like the third time) so it doesn't just sit and sit. I'm gonna put an external cooler in it, too, so there's that. I'd also like to have the extra for the transmissions in my vehicles. The Jimmy acts kinda fishy sometimes, and the Caprice doesn't, but it's got 256,000 miles on an unrebuilt '86 700R4 so I know it'll happen eventually, and I'd like to prepare while it's still going strong. Am I asking too much, or should I invest some time and money into it to make it more viable, or what do you guys think?

You must be registered for see images attach
Absolutely nothing I will haul it off to you. I got you address remember lol

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
What a great friend, lol...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I think what's hurting it is that it's not a deckover and dual wheel axles. Most people that want a trailer in that length also want width and capacity.

What capacity axles are under this thing anyway? Leaf spring or torsion?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Would your Jimmy fit with out hitting the fenders?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I think what's hurting it is that it's not a deckover and dual wheel axles. Most people that want a trailer in that length also want width and capacity.

What capacity axles are under this thing anyway? Leaf spring or torsion?

Not sure of the capacity. It's been used to haul a 3 ton tractor and a 2.5 ton car, but I don't know the actual specs. It's leaf spring not torsion.

Would your Jimmy fit with out hitting the fenders?

Yes. The car that it hauled was an '89 Caprice which is roughly the same bumper to bumper.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Not sure of the capacity. It's been used to haul a 3 ton tractor and a 2.5 ton car, but I don't know the actual specs. It's leaf spring not torsion.

Yes. The car that it hauled was an '89 Caprice which is slightly wider bumper to bumper.
Ok but the track of a front straight axle is pretty wide

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Just as a comparison, your average 30-35 foot trailer will have a pair of 10-12K axles under it. So if you have say, a pair of 7K axles under it, I can see how it could hurt the value of the trailer.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ok $5 a 100# lol jk

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
The trailer's 84" from fender inner edge to inner edge. My Jimmy's 79" from outer tire edge to outer tire edge, and I added a little more to account for tire bulge in the middle of the sidewall.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
The trailer's 84" from fender inner edge to inner edge. My Jimmy's 79" from outer tire edge to outer tire edge, and I added a little more to account for tire bulge in the middle of the sidewall.
Why do yo have to be all the way down there deck overs are nice but that trailer would work great to tote a lifted truck around nice and low.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
It pulled that Ford 5610 great with arms and forks/bucket on the front and a box blade on the back. Now that I think of it, that setup maybe closer to 3.75 tons with all that crap plus hydraulics. Still, I wish I knew what the GAWR was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat