Hi y'all from Georgia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Been cruisin' around this site for a while and just got settled down a bit. I paid my $25 for a year and I know it's well worth it. I've been able to gather a lot of info here and hope to soon put it to good use.

My 1973 GMC Jimmy Sierra I've owned since '84. I bought it from a guy I worked with when I was in CA and he only had the truck for 3 weeks before he gave in to my pleas to sell it to me. I had been looking for one of 2 things...a 67 or 68 Firebird convertible and a GM truck for about a year. I got the best of both worlds.

I have had a lot of fun in this truck and for the most part it has been good to me. Right now it looks as though it just barely survived the Pearl Harbor attack and my wife refuses to ride in it anymore. There's good and bad in that. A new paint job is in the planning for this year tho. Likely late spring after the pollen count has dropped.
After 478,000 miles I had to change out the motor because the rear main seal was leaking so bad. The TH350 tranny was rebuilt by a guy in CA and he told me that if the truck ever burned down to at least salvage the tranny. The 10 bolt rear axle was rebuilt 15 years ago because one of the spider gears broke. I went from a 3 to 4 core radiator when I got caught in a dust storm outside of Las Vegas and was attacked by a savage and vicious tumbleweed. I had the front end and locking hubs rebuilt in Vegas. Nothing was wrong but I was going across country and didn't want to take any chances. If I put it in 4LoLoc I have to crawl underneath to get it back into 4HiLoc even tho I set up the shift linkage like the book says but that doesn't bother me too much. The only after items are rims, a K&N air cleaner, a Edelbrock SP2P intake and the Blackjack headers that were on it when I got it.

This may sound like a bunch of boo hoo but it ain't. I love this truck for the fun it gives me and I appreciate the way it was designed...obviously by the KISS method. It still makes me smile and so does this site. I hope GMSquarebody never goes away.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Been cruisin' around this site for a while and just got settled down a bit. I paid my $25 for a year and I know it's well worth it. I've been able to gather a lot of info here and hope to soon put it to good use.

My 1973 GMC Jimmy Sierra I've owned since '84. I bought it from a guy I worked with when I was in CA and he only had the truck for 3 weeks before he gave in to my pleas to sell it to me. I had been looking for one of 2 things...a 67 or 68 Firebird convertible and a GM truck for about a year. I got the best of both worlds.

I have had a lot of fun in this truck and for the most part it has been good to me. Right now it looks as though it just barely survived the Pearl Harbor attack and my wife refuses to ride in it anymore. There's good and bad in that. A new paint job is in the planning for this year tho. Likely late spring after the pollen count has dropped.
After 478,000 miles I had to change out the motor because the rear main seal was leaking so bad. The TH350 tranny was rebuilt by a guy in CA and he told me that if the truck ever burned down to at least salvage the tranny. The 10 bolt rear axle was rebuilt 15 years ago because one of the spider gears broke. I went from a 3 to 4 core radiator when I got caught in a dust storm outside of Las Vegas and was attacked by a savage and vicious tumbleweed. I had the front end and locking hubs rebuilt in Vegas. Nothing was wrong but I was going across country and didn't want to take any chances. If I put it in 4LoLoc I have to crawl underneath to get it back into 4HiLoc even tho I set up the shift linkage like the book says but that doesn't bother me too much. The only after items are rims, a K&N air cleaner, a Edelbrock SP2P intake and the Blackjack headers that were on it when I got it.

This may sound like a bunch of boo hoo but it ain't. I love this truck for the fun it gives me and I appreciate the way it was designed...obviously by the KISS method. It still makes me smile and so does this site. I hope GMSquarebody never goes away.
Welcome lol
Don’t paint it make it your happy place, but looks like it already is. You said Blackjack headers.......it’s been years since I heard that name. Oh, by the way your sarcasm is noticed and welcomed too. You will fit in nicely.:D

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
:welcome:

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I really enjoy a bunch of folks with a good sense of humor. I wish we could all meet and have beers.
You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I really enjoy a bunch of folks with a good sense of humor. I wish we could all meet and have beers.
Hell yeah!!!

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Your sarcasm has been duly noted.. Turn it loose any time you feel the need..
:cheers::happy160::happy160:

krautmeister

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 SWB
Engine Size
Welcome from Atlanta! I’d buy you beers if you’re in my neck of the concrete woods!

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
pics? Welcome