Help with Windshield Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
^That's what I've been running on my truck but those blades don't function super well. I bought some of the later J-hook style arms to install so I can use a proper modern beam style blade. Haven't gotten around to installing them yet though

brooksman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado & Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
350 & 305
Do not get the ones from LMC. One of mine came apart and hadn’t even been used. It was cheap to say the least.

dusterdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc c15
Engine Size
If it helps,i saw a video on youtube a while back,this guy put arms off a ford explorer(90's era iirc) and put 18 inch blades on his truck

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
The problem with all this plastic sh*t is that when it's cold, it's super brittle. I'm constantly changing blades on my truck & my '84 BRAT because if you bump them trying to scrape the ice off the windshield, they break.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
The problem with all this plastic sh*t is that when it's cold, it's super brittle. I'm constantly changing blades on my truck & my '84 BRAT because if you bump them trying to scrape the ice off the windshield, they break.
84 BRAT, cool

Wallace6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I am on my third set of wiper blades that just don't fit on the post arm like the originals. What is everyone using for wiper blade replacements? Tried the Anco and Trico Gold. The attaching points don't feel right on them.
Don't know if it was luck or what but I had the same problem. I walked out to the shop and grabbed a pair of 18" instead of 16" and they fit fine. Same cheap brand on both sets.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
If you want an all metal traditional frame style look for Bosch direct connect. All metal frame and has the pin style hook up built in. That little connector is plastic but I've never had one fail. If you want a beam blade style then look for Bosch Clear advantage, which also has the pin style connector built in, of course those beam blades aren't all metal, they are some kind of voo doo plastic and rubber, but they are a good blade.

Here's my 2 cents on blades. I switched all my vehicles to Bosch clear advantage about 10 years ago. On some of my rigs it was an upgrade and they worked great, on others they didn't work so well. My square was one of them. For whatever reason I could never get them to run quite, even after adjusting the arm to be sure the blade hit the windshield square. IDK, maybe it's because of the windshield shape. My arms are new so it's not lack of pressure. So I'm back to traditional frame style blades on the square.

16" was factory, and I also ran 18" blades for a few years. I didn't like the fact that if I ran the squirters on a dry windshield the motor (also new - no not rebuilt, new) so the motor would run sooo slow until it hit the fluid. Also seemed like I had more streaking and noise issues with the longer blades. Went back to 16"ers.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you want an all metal traditional frame style look for Bosch direct connect. All metal frame and has the pin style hook up built in. That little connector is plastic but I've never had one fail. If you want a beam blade style then look for Bosch Clear advantage, which also has the pin style connector built in, of course those beam blades aren't all metal, they are some kind of voo doo plastic and rubber, but they are a good blade.

Here's my 2 cents on blades. I switched all my vehicles to Bosch clear advantage about 10 years ago. On some of my rigs it was an upgrade and they worked great, on others they didn't work so well. My square was one of them. For whatever reason I could never get them to run quite, even after adjusting the arm to be sure the blade hit the windshield square. IDK, maybe it's because of the windshield shape. My arms are new so it's not lack of pressure. So I'm back to traditional frame style blades on the square.

16" was factory, and I also ran 18" blades for a few years. I didn't like the fact that if I ran the squirters on a dry windshield the motor (also new - no not rebuilt, new) so the motor would run sooo slow until it hit the fluid. Also seemed like I had more streaking and noise issues with the longer blades. Went back to 16"ers.
Thats all I use anymore. Get them at Rock for about 1/6 what they want in stores.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Thats all I use anymore. Get them at Rock for about 1/6 what they want in stores.
I cheat and get them from a wholesale supplier. As I wrote that I wasn't sure if they were available retail, but at least anyone can get them online.

JT58

Reaction score
First Name
JT
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I ordered my wiper blade replacements from Classic Parts. They not only fit great but look original.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad