Help with this driveline install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5akman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Recently purchased 1988 Blazer 5.7/700r4/208. I pulled the rear driveline as I needed to replace the pinion bearing. While I had it apart, I replaced all the rear axle bearing/seals and added a powertrax no slip locker. When I re-installed the driveline I noticed that the rear yoke didn't have the little retaining lugs on the yoke or the straps. I believe the yoke is non stock as its a unit with 1.06 caps one direction and 1.125 the other direction. Anyway, is it safe to run the drive line like this with no lugs or retaining type features?

Also, the forward end of this drive line is about 2.5" from being fully seated in the back of the 208 tcase, is this ok?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Do the caps take internal clips? If so, that should center the joint in the yoke.

Slip yoke looks ok. Remember the output protrudes from the tailhousing a good amount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli