headlight replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I run the 4x6 LEDs in my Celebrity, and I absolutely love them. Light output is fantastic and I haven't had a single car flash me indicating they were too bright. I bought a set of 4 on Amazon for a little over 100 buck I think it was. They are the same lights found other places for a lot more money.

They worked so well, we got a bunch of the 5x7 versions for our C6500 company work trucks. No complaints there either.

Seems less drivers on the road every day that care about this like you do. I remember when getting blinded from someone's
high beams was very rare. Now it's one in 5 cars don't dim. And 3 out of 5 cars headlights are just too bright anyway.

Having a keep off my lawn moment here..

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Seems less drivers on the road every day that care about this like you do. I remember when getting blinded from someone's
high beams was very rare. Now it's one in 5 cars don't dim. And 3 out of 5 cars headlights are just too bright anyway.

Having a keep off my lawn moment here..

Here even in the bright metroplex of Dallas/Fort Worth, people run with their brights on. I think its more of a "people are becoming less attentive" thing then them actually being mean. That being said, I believe their bad driving is them driving for themselves and not the other 6 million people in the DFW area. Its a combination of people being rude and not paying attention.

This is why I was asking about newer projector lights and LED sealed beams. I do not want to blind anyone, period. But I do need more light output as I do drive in the country from time to time and even where I live on the edge of the city/metroplex, it can be dark.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I forgot to mention that I have followed behind my wife one night and she didn't say they were too bright either.

Country driving is great with them. I love that they make road signs glow, so it's very easy to turn onto the right road in unfamiliar territory. Also critters seem to stand out much better. I always preferred a good old fashioned halogen sealed beam... but these LED lights changed my opinion.

My one complaint is radio interference. My car loses stations when the lights are on. My dad gave me some ferrite (sp?) dealies to install on the pigtails, but I have not done it yet. The work trucks do not have this problem, maybe because the greater distance between the lights and antenna.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
get some Cibie housings put in 55/100 bulbs then get some Hella waterproof relays and plugs and make your own relay kit. highdesertranger

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I forgot to mention that I have followed behind my wife one night and she didn't say they were too bright either.

Country driving is great with them. I love that they make road signs glow, so it's very easy to turn onto the right road in unfamiliar territory. Also critters seem to stand out much better. I always preferred a good old fashioned halogen sealed beam... but these LED lights changed my opinion.

My one complaint is radio interference. My car loses stations when the lights are on. My dad gave me some ferrite (sp?) dealies to install on the pigtails, but I have not done it yet. The work trucks do not have this problem, maybe because the greater distance between the lights and antenna.
Noise filters we use them on contractor controls when a radio control system is installed on a crane.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
The only half decent picture that i have of the 9012 bulb set up
You must be registered for see images attach

@yevgenievich Is this with brights? And now that Im replying I can't go back and check, but are you single or quad lights? (I am quad of course.)

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
@yevgenievich Is this with brights? And now that Im replying I can't go back and check, but are you single or quad lights? (I am quad of course.)
That was with low beams on a late style quad light set up
You must be registered for see images attach

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

Got a link so we know which lights you bought?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Got a link so we know which lights you bought?

https://www.amazon.com/Headlights-P...1504919376&sr=8-9&keywords=4x6+led+headlights

They are pretty much the same lights everywhere, just sold by different places for different prices. They also make one with a black bezel and the LED chip board is also black. I got those ones for my car since it is all black, which I think I would prefer those on anything. They are still bright and shiny, but not quite as "in your face" as the regular all-chrome ones.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Im still waiting for the focus pattern to improve more before I invest in the quad led hewdlights. My led lightbar has both spot and flood pattern on my Polaris rzr. It lights up the desert ! Can't have enough lighting when driving 80 mph across the open desert courses out here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg