HD suspension option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I'm not entirely sure that answered Keith's question.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Most K30's, all that I have seen, are 9 leaves. In the case of your CUCV, the payload was actually 2900lbs, could be because of the added leaf. So payload rating as it's tied to 1/2, 3/4 ton, etc, hasn't been accurate in quite awhile, but that is where it originated.

However, the 2018 Silverado 1500 is rated for upwards of 2000lbs of payload, so obviously, they've far surpassed the old naming convention.
it is just nomenclature at this point then. I'm curious to know when the last time gm trucks were true to their designation as far as load carrying capacity in the bed. must have been early 60's at the latest..

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I'm not entirely sure that answered Keith's question.

Wrong pic, I have the 4th option (with hd suspension)

You must be registered for see images attach

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
My '75 has a GVW tag on the inside of the driver's door frame that shows front and rear max load ratings and the total GVW (8400 lbs). It looks like a standard GM tag that may have been on all '75 pickups.

Since its a camper special, it also has an extra label in the glove box that shows a max camper weight of 2600 lbs, and it has a "Camper Special 8400 GVW" emblem on the outside of the door jamb.

Bruce

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
If anyone knows how many leafs a standarh half ton has, fell free to let me know

You must be registered for see images attach

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
can't remember how many it's supposed to have but that picture you posted clearly shows at least one leaf has been added. highdesertranger

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
can't remember how many it's supposed to have but that picture you posted clearly shows at least one leaf has been added. highdesertranger
How can you tell?

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
What's recommended as far as taking leafs out? The most I ever haul is atvs or just more truck parts, nothing serious, could I take out a couple leafs so it doesn't clatter like a solid piece going over speed bumps?

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
What's recommended as far as taking leafs out? The most I ever haul is atvs or just more truck parts, nothing serious, could I take out a couple leafs so it doesn't clatter like a solid piece going over speed bumps?

I just had my springs rebuilt. I had them remove one of the lower leaves since it was broken anyways. SInce mine is a 4WD, they re-arched the pack a little to keep my height.

In your case you could remove some of the lower leafs. You want to keep the ones with the plastic slides. If I were to do one first, it would be the one with the straight cut at the end of the leaf. If you have the time, I would only do one removal at a time and see if you like the ride quality and height.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I just had my springs rebuilt. I had them remove one of the lower leaves since it was broken anyways. SInce mine is a 4WD, they re-arched the pack a little to keep my height.

In your case you could remove some of the lower leafs. You want to keep the ones with the plastic slides. If I were to do one first, it would be the one with the straight cut at the end of the leaf. If you have the time, I would only do one removal at a time and see if you like the ride quality and height.
Good advice thank you, would it just be a matter of bolting and unbolting or would I need to buy/fab new parts. I have a oxy torch and welder but im not sure if I trust myself to fab anything that critical

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
I can tell because the 3rd spring up is a different configuration then all the others. highdesertranger

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I can tell because the 3rd spring up is a different configuration then all the others. highdesertranger
Oh true i never noticed, that'll probably be the one to go then

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400