Harbor Freight Tool/Product Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The bottom of it has a spot you insert butane from an aerosol can, mine wouldn't take any, they seem hit and miss

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
I just bought a Bearing separator and puller kit. I looked at it on Tuesday night and it was $59.99. I went in today with my 20% coupon, since they have a big sale this weekend, and the price was adjusted down to $44.99. By the time they applied my coupon it was $35.99.:) I am a happy camper. I will let you guys know how it works out.

Oh more importantly, I picked up one of their tennis racket bug zappers for free. My son was all over this one. He couldn't wait to get home and try it out. It uses 2 D cell batteries. He nailed a couple of bugs with it. He is waiting for a carpenter bee. That will be the real test.:)

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
My sale paper says it is a 4 day sale starting Friday. So Yes I would say they are open.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just bought a Bearing separator and puller kit. I looked at it on Tuesday night and it was $59.99. I went in today with my 20% coupon, since they have a big sale this weekend, and the price was adjusted down to $44.99. By the time they applied my coupon it was $35.99.:) I am a happy camper. I will let you guys know how it works out.

Oh more importantly, I picked up one of their tennis racket bug zappers for free. My son was all over this one. He couldn't wait to get home and try it out. It uses 2 D cell batteries. He nailed a couple of bugs with it. He is waiting for a carpenter bee. That will be the real test.:)

I have 2 of the tennis racket bug zappers. They do work. Quite Cheesy though. If they weren't $1.99 I wouldn't have bought them. It'll sizzle a small june bug in a heartbeat. Thing will cook and smoke right before your eyes. Kinda cool to drag it though a small cluster of knats or squitos too and watch it light up like a small firework with all the little sparks.

MannyDantyla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
sbc350/sm365/np205
REVIEW: 6 in. 5.7 Amp Heavy Duty Dual Action Variable Speed Polisher

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-57-amp-heavy-duty-dual-action-variable-speed-polisher-69924.html
$70

You must be registered for see images attach

I bought this DA sander/polisher when I started my project a few weeks ago. I've put in like at least 10 hours of solid use so far (doesn't sound like much, but I've used it a lot trust me) and it's still working. It came with two spare brushes and when I bought it they offered me a warrenty for like $40, both of which are not good signs that this thing will last! But so far it's done a great job. It's very loud and not too smooth, but it doesn't hurt the hand too much and I just use ear muffs.

When it comes to buying cheap tools... cheap tools from China are MUCH better quality than cheap tools from USA. The keyword there is cheap. When it's made in American AND it's CHEAP then it's REALLY CHEAP! Cheaply made that is...

I'm on a very tight budget and this purchase was a good one.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size

The electric fly swatter will not disappoint.

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400
The electric fly swatter also works great against people lol tried it a few times on the little brother. Anybody try their 1000lb engine stand?

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Thumbs up on the fly swatter guys! The bearing race and seal driver kit is really good as well. The large bearing separator is nice also.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
The electric fly swatter also works great against people lol tried it a few times on the little brother. Anybody try their 1000lb engine stand?

The engine stand works well. It did seem a little sketchy with a big straight six on it tho. I supported the end of that one with a 2x4 when stationary and the hoist while turning it over.

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400
The engine stand works well. It did seem a little sketchy with a big straight six on it tho. I supported the end of that one with a 2x4 when stationary and the hoist while turning it over.
Alright thanks. I'm picking it up tomorrow and didn't know if it was solid or not

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Well I picked this up to use on the old truck. I also bought the soda blaster adapter and put it on as well. I don't know how good it works but I will find out and let you guys know. If anyone has one let me know the good and bad about this tool. Also the flyswatter is a must have for anyone that is wondering. Free entertainment.

Attachments

• IMG_6941.jpg
    IMG_6941.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_6942.jpg
    IMG_6942.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 190

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Well I picked this up to use on the old truck. I also bought the soda blaster adapter and put it on as well. I don't know how good it works but I will find out and let you guys know. If anyone has one let me know the good and bad about this tool. Also the flyswatter is a must have for anyone that is wondering. Free entertainment.

I have one of those and have used it quite a bit. It works rather well but requires a lot if air to be efficient. I would suggest getting some spare nozzles for it. It will also wear out the valve on the end of the hose. I was considering installing a dead man valve on the hose end rather than the ball valve that is currently there. I get the best performance with the valve on the bottom of the tank about half open. It doesn't do so good for "spot" blasting due to the fact that media will flow into the line below the tank when off but under pressure so you get a slug of sand with no velosity when you first open the valve on the end of the hose which takes a bit to clear out. I have to point it away from where I want to blast, let the slug clear and then quickly swing into position and do my blasting. I wouls also reccommend either some "tear off" lens covers for the hood or a better hood. I can't see through mine anymore. All in all it's well worth it if you have a big enough compessor.

Daveo91Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Silverado Suburban
Engine Size
Vortec 383, modified TBI/4L80e
my brother in law gave me an HF welder today. It's old and small and discontinued, but hey it was free and it looks like it has not seen much use. (he is part owner of an equipment rental outfit and I think they need welders to maintain equipment - he said he has two others and did not need this one)

It's a Dual MIG 131, model 36691. Anyone have one or any advice? First order of business - find an owners manual. Haven't found one online yet.

Attachments

• MIG welder.jpg
    MIG welder.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 164

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84