Grill/Headlight change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ItsMichaelH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hello everyone, I'm new here!

Ok, so I want to change the grill and headlights on my truck to look exactly like this with the same dual headlights and the grill with the center strip you can paint. What all do I need to buy? Where can I buy these things? Links would be appreciated. I really like this grill because you have the option to paint the center horizontal line to match the truck. I currently have the single headlight with the parking light below.

Current grill look (Not my truck, but google images): https://gyazo.com/96c4e12931d6f1e4f5cfe3daccf89036

What I want my front end to look like: https://gyazo.com/db9cbdf8c82b9fe4468204c2d60dadf5

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
You will need the header panel (core support), headlight buckets, headlight bezels, grill etc. Best bet is to either find one in a junkyard where you can get everything, or a site like rock auto, cpp etc. where they would have all of the individual pcs. I would think that would be a little expensive though. Sometimes you might find the whole package on craigslist or ebay.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
You'll need a new radiator core support with headlight buckets, grill and headlight surrounds, ... animal beat me to it. what he said lol.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have new harnesses if you cant find a good used one

ItsMichaelH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You will need the header panel (core support), headlight buckets, headlight bezels, grill etc. Best bet is to either find one in a junkyard where you can get everything, or a site like rock auto, cpp etc. where they would have all of the individual pcs. I would think that would be a little expensive though. Sometimes you might find the whole package on craigslist or ebay.
ok, thanks, im pretty sure i might have a core support somewhere which is why i didnt question it, but i might have to buy one im not completely sure.

ItsMichaelH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You'll need a new radiator core support with headlight buckets, grill and headlight surrounds, ... animal beat me to it. what he said lol.
ok, thanks, im pretty sure i might have a core support somewhere which is why i didnt question it, but i might have to buy one im not completely sure.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Sometimes you might could locate what you need at a swap meet as well. Someone converting to a miniquad setup getting rid of their stacked setup

ItsMichaelH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Sometimes you might could locate what you need at a swap meet as well. Someone converting to a miniquad setup getting rid of their stacked setup
for sure, im gonna go look tomorrow to see if i have mine still or if my dad ended up doing something with it haha

ItsMichaelH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Anyone happen to know where I could find that grill online? I can't seem to find it.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I searched "1983 Chevy grille" and found some. That one was also used in 1984. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one that had the spot for the bowtie to go, but some of the replacement grilles, at least for our trucks, seem to be like that. You could either do one of those, hunt on eBay, or try to make your current bowtie work.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ive got an NOS grill if you want a GM one thats never been installed-I also have a nice used emblem as well as the rest of the stainless trim. Id take $450 shipped for it all if youre interested.

You must be registered for see images attach

ItsMichaelH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ive got an NOS grill if you want a GM one thats never been installed-I also have a nice used emblem as well as the rest of the stainless trim. Id take $450 shipped for it all if youre interested.

Do you happen to have the headlights as well or no? The Quad ones. Also, any pics of the emblem?

Last edited:

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I dont have the actual lights....heres the emblem: