Grey Squarebodies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Submariner592

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I went with a PPG Essentials singe stage, very easy to use, applied with the 3M PSS
You must be registered for see images attach
spray cup system. Easy enough for me to do it outside on a nice day. see how it turned out, pretty forgiving but not a real show truck quality paint.

78longstep

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I went with a PPG Essentials singe stage, very easy to use, applied with the 3M PSS
spray cup system. Easy enough for me to do it outside on a nice day. see how it turned out, pretty forgiving but not a real show truck quality paint.

I Think It's A Sharp Ride. If somebody Dont Like It I Think They Have To Be Unamerican

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
My ill fated 'burb was originally grey with black two-tone and a red accent stripe. I wasn't all that happy with the non-metallic black so we redid it in two-tone grey with a silver accent stripe. This was back when you could still buy the stripes from the dealer.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I've recently looked into this for my square body.
For single stage I assume you are looking at urethane with hardener mixed in while you paint. This provides the hardness similar to a color/clear combo.
You can try PPG paint with a supplier such as English color. Not sure if they are in your area.
Since you are painting the entire truck it has less steps than 2 stage but you need a different gun. If you have to match another panel on the truck base/clear is the way to go. For instance you need to match the fender to the door.
Most autobody shops use the base/clear method since they are repairing not restoring or painting the entire car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8