Greetings from the Square Side- 1985 GMC K20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TankerMan

Reaction score
First Name
tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
What's happening Kids of All Ages? I have an 85 K20 that I am slowly converting to a Camping/Road Trip rig- came loaded with power everything but it was a leaking/rusty mess when I got it and not much worked. Converting all the windows to manual regulators- hung up on regulators for the rear passenger doors and liftgate; anyone know of a good source for these or a reliable salvage yard from which I could order it would be much appreciated.
Not super tech/computer savvy but will make an effort to search the archives for some of these questions in the meantime- but has anyone changed out their wiring harness for an OEM or Aftermarket replacement and if so what brand and how happy are you with it? My main fuse block is rusty and there was quite a bit of chopping going on under the hood and back aft for trailer lights- I'd rather not do surgery trying to put it all back together.
Will post pics of all the fun when I figure out how, but thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Cheers, TT

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Welcome!

I dont have the truck part answers for ya, but thats why Im on here. The tech savvy part though, I can help with that!

To post pics, just click and drag them into the reply box! Thats the best and easiest way of posting pics!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Welcome. Rear doors is this a Burb or a 3+3?

TankerMan

Reaction score
First Name
tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Suburban- I found one listed in LMC for the rear passenger door only- I'll get on the horn with them to see if they can dredge up one for the passenger side.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Suburban- I found one listed in LMC for the rear passenger door only- I'll get on the horn with them to see if they can dredge up one for the passenger side.
No yards near you have burbs in them? Check Rock auto? I've gotten regulators for my Benz from them and weren't to pricey. And there is a discount code fore GMSB members somewhere on here for Rock Auto.

TankerMan

Reaction score
First Name
tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Nearest yards don't though I'll be expanding my search (to the greater Bay Area and I have friends in Sacramento) just one of those deals- I either have the Time or the Money I just rarely have both

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size