Greetings from Finland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olvi3

Reaction score
First Name
Otso
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L
I recently acquired a 1985 C10 Silverado with a swapped in 350 sbc of questionable condition. Will be fixing/restoring/upgrading the vehicle over time. I reside in northern Europe, Finland to be specific so getting parts will be a challenge but definitely worth it. I'm a student studying automotive engineering at a Polytechnic in Helsinki. I will probably start hassling you folks soon with questions since this is my first truck and I have so much yet to learn. Currently its slow as a snail and consumes fuel like a tank. So far I've installed new seat belts, new cooling fan, new air cleaner and made a new exhaust system. So far on the to-do list I've got new rear rims (left one is bent), new bushings EVERYWHERE (are red powerflexes good?), have to diagnose a whine coming from the rear when decelerating, the wipers only work continuously for a few minutes maximum and the blower only works on full blast. And speaking of the truck, here is a picture of it:
You must be registered for see images attach

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome: **** looking build!

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome aboard, nice project..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Welcome. If your gonna use Energy Suspension bushings go with the black ones they will give a much quieter ride as the are impregnated with graphite

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
:welcome:from East Texas.... Finland, wow, just WOW!!!

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome
Nice looking truck :boti:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I can almost guarantee that your blower motor resistor is bad, and I would guess that your wiper motor is going out without further diagnostics. I'm curious, though. What's the engine doing that has it worrying you? Otherwise, welcome to the forum from New Orleans, Louisiana!

EDOOLIN111

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15 LWB
Engine Size
Welcome! Probably not too many squares over there huh? you got yourself a nice lookin truck there!

Olvi3

Reaction score
First Name
Otso
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L
I can almost guarantee that your blower motor resistor is bad, and I would guess that your wiper motor is going out without further diagnostics. I'm curious, though. What's the engine doing that has it worrying you? Otherwise, welcome to the forum from New Orleans, Louisiana!
Well it's not exactly the engine thats worrying me, I might have worded it oddly in the OP. The engine is pretty much stock below the intake manifold and seems to work ok. The problem is that the entire car around it seems to be kinda jerry rigged to work at least somehow. The plumbing in the engine bay, some frame welds, the interior as a whole and all the bushings seem kinda iffy. Our cars have to pass a yearly check so I dont want to have the car looking too sketchy even if I cant fix everything properly.

Welcome! Probably not too many squares over there huh? you got yourself a nice lookin truck there!
Definitely not many squares here, I think this is the only one I've seen being used here in Southern Finland. Lucky me that I found this one, I like this body more than the newer ones.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

oldman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 1500
Engine Size
welcome from so fla

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome from Eastern Montana.
the whine in the diff could be a side bearing on the ring gear carrier.
it is common for the vent hose to break off, when the differential cools down it sucks in cool moist air and rusts the crap out of the bearing on one side.
other wise it also could be the ring gear and pinion.
Check the pinion bearing by pushing up and down and side to side on the input yoke.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg