got a square body!!!!!!!! s10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well that's a bummer dude.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
well she lives again. quadrajet to the rescue, had one that came in the camaro when I got it in the trunk no clue on age condition etc. worked good. The vibration shaking is gone, of course like I said or might have forgot, the distributor vac. adv. was froze half open half shut. That and the 2 jiggly towers in the hei cap. So I swapped distributors, and caps then swapped carbs, runs good, no more loading up burning eyes in garage, etc. We only put maybe 2-3 miles on it today but it done good. Now maybe I can get to other things.

I need to change the distributor gasket the old one tore, I never changed it, got lazy trying to fi the shake and carb issues.

I need to change the shift shaft seal again, put one in new before trans went in, when you run it in park it'll leak, also going to drop the pan gasket, and change that I may have over tightened it out somebody else had and dimpled the pan to bad.

I also need door seals, if I had those I might let it sit outside and bring the big squarebody in and tear it down.

I am going to also convert to floor shift, the column shift linkage I made myself from all thread rod and it's not got the right geometry to work all gears and I'm afraid it's trying to engage neutral and drive or drive and second and may mess up the trans.

It still shifts way to quick and early, so I may try and get an adjustable vac. modulator valve for it to try and dial it in, or maybe work on the governor weights.

I need to order a vacuum pod for the choke pull off on the q-jet because it has a rod that hooks into that and goes to the upper secondary flaps, as of now there's nothing and the choke is stuck open thankfully.

Then fun things like building my new sub box, which I need to buy mdf for, and all the other things I want to buy, like the front wheels and tires, all lights etc.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
well no more mini square, have to put an end to this project, traded it off yesterday. these were pics the guy sent me, it's at my house now, 79 corvette. The plan was to get it and flip it for something good like an early chevelle, nova or another good solid late 2nd gen f body trans am firebird or camaro. The wife gave the ok to trade said she liked it, now she's claiming it as hers, so she might be sticking around awhile.

on a side note looks like my funds will be going towards my big square now, she can buy her own vette parts LOL

off.
You must be registered for see images attach

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Like the vette. Those late c3 bodies with the big back window have grown on me over the years (that, or it's a subconscious realization that I won't spend the cash for a c3 stingray). I'd probably grab one too if the right deal came along.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Those pics look good. Is it a runner or does it need some repairs first?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Just gotta body swap that Vette now with another dime lol.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yea she runs and drives they drove it here last night, had it running before that and I had it running after. The battery was acting up, but then I found the neutral safety switch unhooked plugged it in and now it crans but I flooded the carb. Hoods stuck shut, I got half opened trying for the other half without wrecking anything. Interior is the worst needs work, door locks and windows all electric and don't work, one door handle on the outside doesn't work, seats are moldy or mildewed and the carpet is the same from leaking t-tops. I can visually see the t-top gaskets in wrong and I've got terrible eyes LOL 350 as far as I know and auto, not sure on rear end ratio, has 4 brand new tires with the **** still on em. I wished I had kept my s10 rear wheels but he really liked those and I let my stereo system go as well, 2 kicker 10's and a 400 watt kicker sub amp. I also let those chevy power valve covers go, wished I didn't but I didnt get time to switch dad back before it left. I gotta call grundy and ask if we can swap the policy over without charges, and then get the title and plates swapped.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Don't look so bad a little scrubbing and it will be a nice distraction from what you spend on your truck.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Put an S10 body on the Vette frame and the Vette body on a K5 frame. I got one you can have. Just come get it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Wow, I think you did really well on that deal. With some scrubbing and detailing, it should look slick! I really like those factory wheels too.

I'm assuming you checked out the frame? I'm not sure of the exact areas, but I know they can get some bad rust in spots.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yea gave it a quick once over before trading, looked good gave it a better look yesterday looked better, got the hood open, got it started and moved in the garage. The neutral safety switch had been changed and was unhooked how it started that day I have no idea, I guess it was plugged in but not locked in and worked its way out, my lil climbing all over doesn't help.

Damn near ran it out of gas bringing it here because yesterday I had to prime the carb (quadrajet btw) about 6 or 7 times to get it to pull fuel and run. I need to tweak on it some but hate to mess with it. When she starts she sounds like a huge cam, loping and then after a lil bit smooths out and idles way up(tach doesn work I found out) I'd guess near 2k rpms? and stabbing the pedal doesn't bring it down it has to run and warm up for a few more minutes then it idles down.

I done a lil reading(thanks google lol) and best I can tell by the vin it's an l48 vette. I found confolicting info on l48 and l82 on engines parts, some said the 82 had finned valve covers not the 48, mines got finned ones, of course we know those can be changed, and some said that 48 has iron intake and 92 has alum. mines looks alum I'll have to check it out. Thens ome had said one has cast internals the 48 lol and the 82 has forged. I'll not find that one out hopefully.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
When you start checking for rust, there are two panels in the rear wheel wells that are held on with adhesive. Use a heat gun to loosen it, and pull them off. This will give you a viewing window to check the steel hoop that is behind the seats. They are notorious for rotting away there. Iirc, there are some to check the front sub structure too, but I can't recall where they were. The steel substructure under the fiberglass can get pretty cheesed from corrosion when they're kept in a damp environment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128