Good headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I've had the LMC relay harness installed for about 4 years. No issues so far, and the sylvania silverstar sealed beams do a pretty good job with it.

Not sure what the big deal is.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
If it matters to anyone else looking into this, the LMC harness doesnt use standard Bosch relays so servicing it down the road will require some wire work.

I would suggest either making your own harness or buying one from ebay for 15-20 bux. The porcelain plugs are supposed to be good for heat resistance.

I was going to say something before, but didn't and waited for someone to say something.

There are members running the LMC kit with their relay for 3 years and no issues. Bosch is NOT the end all be all to relays. I understand how common the Bosch relay is, but if LMC's relay kicks the bucket, just buy that relay again. Or retro fit a Bosch base and put a Bosch in. I worked on Mercedes Benz for 10 years and I have seen Bosch relays fail...

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I was going to say something before, but didn't and waited for someone to say something.

There are members running the LMC kit with their relay for 3 years and no issues. Bosch is NOT the end all be all to relays. I understand how common the Bosch relay is, but if LMC's relay kicks the bucket, just buy that relay again. Or retro fit a Bosch base and put a Bosch in. I worked on Mercedes Benz for 10 years and I have seen Bosch relays fail...
Also Bosch relay is a generic term used for a black plastic 4 pole relay. People just try to church it up to sound more impressive I believe. Working on VW,Audi and Porsche for 20 yeah I've seen a few go bad as well. Lol

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I've had the LMC relay kit installed for 5+ years, and the only issue I had was that the wiring was yellow, and the way it connects to the stock headlight wiring seems like a weak connection point (but mine has never come apart).

I fixed the wiring color by encasing all the yellow wiring in black plastic wire loom. Also, since it needed a direct battery connection, I also added a fused wiring junction on the inner fender over by the battery, which gives me a good point to connect other accessory wiring.

Bruce

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size

I have the LMC harness as well, and have no issues and I've also seen bosch style relays fail. Just wanted to put it out there for people to digest on their own. Wasnt trying to disparage LMCs kit at all but for some, quick, easy, and cheap service is a selling point. I have relays in my box and if something fails I dont have to wait on a mail order repair part.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Originally, I went with a set of H4 conversion housings to replace the old sealed beams. That alone did wonders even with the cheap blue bulbs.

Threw on a relay kit and that helped out a little bit more.

Eventually wanted a little bit more, threw in a set of HIDs. 55w, 6k bulbs. The higher wattage ballasts wash out the blue and turned it almost a pure white with a touch of blue.

Ran that for a while, worked amazing, but produced a ton of glare that would blind other drivers.... to the point that my buddies refused to drive ahead of me since they were so bright and lit up all their mirrors and entire cab.

So, got tired of that and went to retrofitted projectors in the conversion housings. All the benefits of HIDs with control over the output and reduction in glare!

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
If you do have interest in building your own harness, the site below makes great connectors.

http://headlightplugs.com/

They will even solder the connections if you so desire. I've used them and have been impressed.

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Do you have conversion headlights or do you still have the standard sealed beams?
To be honest I'm not sure, but I do know they are stock from the factory.

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Thanks for all the great replies ill do some research! id like to just stick in with the stock wiring.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This is what my plug n play squarebody headlight relay kits look like if anybody is interested-I also build complete front lighting harnesses w/relay upgrade also. These relays are Hella sealed 630-series. The wiring I use is j1128 rated for underhood use-LMC harnesses are not. My kits are correctly color coded-LMC is not. I also dip solder each crimp-LMC does not. I use genuine Delphi connectors and 59-series terminals-LMC does not. My kits provide a factory style upgrade and will withstand up to 257F of heat-LMC kits do and will not.

Now, LMC kits work and theres nothing wrong with going (I like to use the term "inexpensive") that route but understand there is a difference between quality and with regards to wiring, I would not advise taking shortcuts. Am I biased? Yep-sure am....until somebody else offers a better quality kit, I think I have the most to offer for somebody who wants a really well designed harness upgrade.

I also upgrade the headlight to core support as well as core support to frame grounds too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Thanks for all the great replies ill do some research! id like to just stick in with the stock wiring.

You can use the stock harness and add the relay harness to it. Its plug and play.

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Oh thanks!

Iowan