GMSB Members Craiglist Ads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Well if your engine mounts are bent/twisted/pulled then I think your frame is probably toast. You would have to take it right down to the bare frame to properly see the extent of the damage.

Even if you did get it mostly fixed it would more than likely dog track pretty good.

So get some insurance money and find a good frame and start your own frame off resto :)

It's more like you can see where the mount reached the end of it's travel in the rubber and deformed the outer part of the mount. The clam shells and the brackets in the cross member look fine. Upon further inspection the cause for the steering wheel being off appears to be due to the sway bar contacting the idler arm during the impact and tweaking it somwhat. It doeas look like the top of the left front tire is tipped in but it may be an optical illusion. I did get an email from the officer on the scene with the insurance info and the other drivers contact info so now I can look into that whole deal. Not sure what I will do with all this yet. Might fix, start a new project or just sell out/part out and look for a southern truck in a few years.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size

And not a minuet after it posted I got a text. Some guy in Louisiana or so he said he worked there but lived in Texas wanted to send me a cashiers check and arrange a truck to pick it up and haul it back down there from Wisconsin. Anyhow I was skeptical so I kept asking questions until he gave up. Not sure what kind of a scam that could have been......

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
And not a minuet after it posted I got a text. Some guy in Louisiana or so he said he worked there but lived in Texas wanted to send me a cashiers check and arrange a truck to pick it up and haul it back down there from Wisconsin. Anyhow I was skeptical so I kept asking questions until he gave up. Not sure what kind of a scam that could have been......

Could have told him that was fine and he could pick as soon as the cashiers check cleared and funds were in your account. Or just have him send money via PayPal

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Could have told him that was fine and he could pick as soon as the cashiers check cleared and funds were in your account. Or just have him send money via PayPal

Thats what he wanted to do. He didn't speak english well at all, didn't have a normal phone message and couldn't tell me what carrier he wanted to use for the pick up of the goods. He may have been legit but it just didn't feel right. I would rather have someone in person with cash and a trailer than have to juggle meeting with a third party waiting for a check and hoping it clears. I had this feeling like the next thing would be him telling me the money is on the way but the carrier will be there tomorrow to pick up. Of course I wouldn't let it go but I just don't need any hassle. I had a hard time even discussing the extras that goe with it. In the long run it seems as tho that deal fell through.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I hear ya! I probably would have done the same as you :)

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Got another bite anyway.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Thats what he wanted to do. He didn't speak english well at all, didn't have a normal phone message and couldn't tell me what carrier he wanted to use for the pick up of the goods. He may have been legit but it just didn't feel right. I would rather have someone in person with cash and a trailer than have to juggle meeting with a third party waiting for a check and hoping it clears. I had this feeling like the next thing would be him telling me the money is on the way but the carrier will be there tomorrow to pick up. Of course I wouldn't let it go but I just don't need any hassle. I had a hard time even discussing the extras that goe with it. In the long run it seems as tho that deal fell through.

This seems to be the new scam. I've got a car and some swivel impact sockets on c-list right now, and have had this happen on both listings. Both agreed to send payment via paypal, both didn't speak english well, and neither haggled on price. I don't know what the scam is, but it seems to revolve around paypal. The first one was for the car, and I told them I didn't have paypal (a lie). They were very encouraging for me to get it, reassuring me how easy it was. Very weird.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
This seems to be the new scam. I've got a car and some swivel impact sockets on c-list right now, and have had this happen on both listings. Both agreed to send payment via paypal, both didn't speak english well, and neither haggled on price. I don't know what the scam is, but it seems to revolve around paypal. The first one was for the car, and I told them I didn't have paypal (a lie). They were very encouraging for me to get it, reassuring me how easy it was. Very weird.

I got another text from a different number. Different name. Same offer.
?????

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I got another text from a different number. Different name. Same offer.
?????

I'm only surprised that I've only gotten 2 so far. The one on the car was real similar to the offer you received. They'd send me money via paypal and arrange for shipping. I inflated the price when I posted the ad, knowing that the typical c-list offers would be much lower, And somehow they expect me to believe that they'll pay that much for a nearly 300k mile rust belt civic? Without haggling?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Oh yeah, my favorite part was when they said they'd know their offer was accepted when I pulled the ad. wtf? The one number for the car came from western Pennsylvania, and the one on the sockets came from the Chicago area. Apparently these Nigerians don't know how Americans use c-list. lol

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Not sure how they could use PayPal to scam. I'd be interested to know if anyone else knows how they'd pull that off. The only info you'd give them is your email address to send to and they'd send you money :hmm: I can see if your password was crappy then that might give them something to start with and hack your PayPal account and maybe find out some bank info depending on how you have yours set up. Interesting.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Not sure how they could use PayPal to scam. I'd be interested to know if anyone else knows how they'd pull that off. The only info you'd give them is your email address to send to and they'd send you money :hmm: I can see if your password was crappy then that might give them something to start with and hack your PayPal account and maybe find out some bank info depending on how you have yours set up. Interesting.

They over pay then ask for the money back.

http://ivebeenmugged.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/03/check-scam.html

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model