George's 2003 Sub "lucky7"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I figured I would start a thread on this one here to discuss the repairs and upgrades made over time.
So here is Lucky! Lucky because I had it out on the street where Clifford was sitting when he got smacked by a drunk driver last week. Seven because he is my seventh truck. Lucky wasnt titled or registered yet so I thought best to keep him in back. Anyway I have a list of to do stuff already and in a way I am starting over because Clifford had all this done already.
Front brakes
Front bearings
Idler arm
Pitman arm
Rear brakes
Rear backing plates
Tail shaft seal
Fromt diff stub shaft seals
Find different wheels
Address the body issues
Other misc stuff
Family road trip!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Oh, and a t-stat. I had the issue with the temp sensor in the head liner making noise. I didnt realize thats what it was and thought it was a mic or speaker for the phone so I disconnected it. It wouldnt blow hot from the heater properly without it so I took it out, cleaned and carefully lubed it. It works properly now. I have removed the brush guard to find someone hit somthing with it and it pushed into the bumper and damaged it. It needs to be replaced anyway due to rust as well as a repaint to the rear. Thinking of using chip gaurd on them both for the durability. I also need to replace a bunch of bulbs in variuos swithces as well as one stepper in the cluster. Got the dim prnl display too. Any insight on this stuff is welcome. I hope this thread is ok for this forum and in the correct spot.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
That thing looks pretty sweet!

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Always liked the Z71 burbs/hoes. I like the Denali rims on there, too!

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
That thing looks pretty sweet!

Thanks! Not sure on the wheels yet. Was thinking of a more off road look but it does look sharp! The brush guard was so rusty it's not going back on but I was thinking about some sort of guard in front with some lights mounted on it. Also considered black steel wheels with chrome centers and the 265/75/16 tires from Clifford. Gott get it up to snuff mechanically first.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Good lookin burb :waytogo:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
The chrome is starting to peel on these wheels pretty bad. I thought about trying to strip it and paint them but have t found a good method to do it yet....

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Well, I just ordered about $800.00 worth of brake and steering components including both front wheel bearings. Sucks to spend that kind of coin on stuff you can't see! I went with all Moog and premium brake parts so it's worth the peace of mind but crap! So saturday is wrenching day. Not looking forward to pulling the steering gear out to do the pitman arm either. I know guys say you can do it in the truck but I just don't like the idea.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
That's the thing, unless you buy brand new you still have to fix everything anyways. I enjoy wrenching on my old square more though:)

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
That's the thing, unless you buy brand new you still have to fix everything anyways. I enjoy wrenching on my old square more though:)

Almost exactly what the wife said.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
I figured I would start a thread on this one here to discuss the repairs and upgrades made over time.
So here is Lucky! Lucky because I had it out on the street where Clifford was sitting when he got ATTACKED by a drunk driver last week. Seven because he is my seventh truck. Lucky wasnt titled or registered yet so I thought best to keep him in back. Anyway I have a list of to do stuff already and in a way I am starting over because Clifford had all this done already.
Front brakes
Front bearings
Idler arm
Pitman arm
Rear brakes
Rear backing plates
Tail shaft seal
Fromt diff stub shaft seals
Find different wheels
Address the body issues
Other misc stuff
Family road trip!

I fixed it for you.

No matter what you buy you will be working on it sooner or later. I agree on buying the good parts to replace the worn out ones. I also think you should replace that brushguard with another one. Remember Clifford didn't have no protection and you know what happened to him.:whymewhyme:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Well I had a spare hour so I did the brakes and wheel bearing on one side. The other side tomorrow and the steering compnents Saturday. My favorite locally owned parts store owner extended me additional discount over my usual discount and knocked $100.00 off my bill! Love those guys!

http://www.timsautopartswi.com/TimsAutoPartsOconomowoc.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year