Gen 1 intake manifold to Gen II block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfdude

Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
I know there are lots with more experience than me and a few of you who also have to contend with the lovely CARB regulations here in California so..

1978 Chevy C10
Engine 350 SBC

Intake manifold with all of the state-mandated smog fittings casting number: 346249
The new block has a casting number of 10243880, 92-96 model years.

Will the two mate unmodified? I ask because as I am trying to put the manifold on but the 4 center bolts look as if they are drilled at a more perpendicular (straight up) angle than the rest. I am asking before I get the grinder out and modify the holes then epoxy back to size.

I would like to put an aftermarket intake manifold on, but there are no intake manifolds with the magic EO (executive order) paperwork available. Has anyone put on a Performer manifold with the EGR option and successfully passed smog in CA?

I want to keep it carb'ed (I luvs me the sound of 2ndaries opening up) so am leaning against TBI, that and the hassle of the state come smog time.

I appreciate all of the help, I would post pictures if I was doing anything interesting but all of us have seen greasy engines that have sat for 30+ years.

Thanks for the help,

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
what heads are you using?

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The 880 block is considered to be Gen I. Sounds like you have 86-up heads where GM decided to drill the four center bolt holes vertically. It's possible a standard manifold can be modified to fit, but your best bet is an aftermarket manifold like the one below made specifically for those heads.

https://www.summitracing.com/tx/parts/edl-2104

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Surfdude

Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
Thanks for the post. Summit cannot ship that to me here in California.

Good to know the 880 block is still Gen 1. That at least explains how I ended up with it. When I looked at a couple of sites that had years/casting numbers , the 880 was listed as "LT1 sometimes referred to as Gen II". I like your explanation better 'cuz I get to be less stupid.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I just put a Performer on my '79 K15 with a stock 350 in December to smog and sell it. PM me your email address and I send you the info. I got Summit to send me the parts by stating the truck was for off-road use. Per the Referee I spoke to, you don't need an EO number to change the intake as long as it is a stock replacement. I had to walk the smog shop through it, but I was able to smog it and sell it a week later.

Surfdude

Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
I just put a Performer on my '79 K15 with a stock 350 in December to smog and sell it. PM me your email address and I send you the info. I got Summit to send me the parts by stating the truck was for off-road use. Per the Referee I spoke to, you don't need an EO number to change the intake as long as it is a stock replacement. I had to walk the smog shop through it, but I was able to smog it and sell it a week later.
Craig. Pm'd. Thanks for the ingfo

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Info e-mailed.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for the post. Summit cannot ship that to me here in California.

Maybe you can find one on craigslist or eBay. You must feel like a prisoner of the state out there!

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Maybe you can find one on craigslist or eBay. You must feel like a prisoner of the state out there!

You just have to tell Summit it's going on an "off-road" vehicle and they will ship it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tetz73