gas gauge goes back an forth when im moving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
My gauge is a two gallon gas can when I run out, which is more often then I like, Gets fixed this winter. Here is the REAL PROBLEM!!!! Stop driving them new rigs!!! make you into namby pamby spoiled poop head like me. Drove the good wife's 2018 GMS with the 6.2....what a cruiser.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I am running all OG guages in my 87 and it's TBI. Not sure if that makes any difference but the gas needle bounces around all the time: going up a hill, going down a hill, over a bump, jumping a draw bridge...if you want to see how much gas is really in the tank with original or OEM/ORM look when you are driving on a level surface. LOL

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
All the later models squares seem to be fairly accurate, don't know what changed but my 87 and 89 seem fine, my 73 moves all over, my early Camaro did the same.

It's the long narrow unbaffled tanks. There is a resistor on the back of the IP cluster which reduces the movement but does not cure it. Even a properly working gauge in our truck will have some movement.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
I am running all OG guages in my 87 and it's TBI. Not sure if that makes any difference but the gas needle bounces around all the time: going up a hill, going down a hill, over a bump, jumping a draw bridge...if you want to see how much gas is really in the tank with original or OEM/ORM look when you are driving on a level surface. LOL
HAHA problem is where i live there are no level roads i live in mountain /hill/ rolling roads hahaha I have to park and wait a bit to see just how much fuel is in there even then its a ? Ill just carry extra fuel just in case......

Wallace6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I honestly wonder if it's suburban, Blazer tanks vs pick up style tanks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy